Need help painting Neon

Thread: Need help painting Neon

Default Need help painting Neon

Hey all,

For an upcoming Necromunda gang I thought it would be cool to do some Neon bodypaint like you see in the Overwatch video, Hero. See below for a clip and a screenshot. Does anyone have any suggestions on paints and techniques I might use to achieve some a dramatic effect on my minis? Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/cPRRupAM4DI?t=2m42s

Name:  NeonPaint.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  12.7 KB

fluro paints and or dayglow raver paints. Check out my ahsoka or cassar's plasma cannon devestator for good examples of what can be achieved.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    fluro paints and or dayglow raver paints. Check out my ahsoka or cassar's plasma cannon devestator for good examples of what can be achieved.
    Very awesome. The Ashoka is amazing. Is there any trick to applying those paints? Do I just apply it as a layer? Am I supposed to shade and highlight them and if so how?

It requires a lot of pre planning to get that level of the effect. I have the process on my blog over several posts. I used an air brush to put very thin layers on over the pre shaded areas. Each layer had to dry fully because fluro paints go on very translucent when glazed but become more opaque as they dry so it's easy to over do it. I also had to go back in with the brush after strengthen some of the areas where the light would catch most. I used a mix of vallejo and Golden fluro greens and yellows. Hope that helps.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo