Chaos Lord - Paintalong 2018
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Lord - Paintalong 2018

Default Chaos Lord - Paintalong 2018

Well, in the same vein as the Orc Shaman, Gokan, and the more recent (2015!) King Maulg thread, this is the thread for the Games Workshop CHAOS LORD!
    Interested painters at the moment are:
    Andy G
    Coyote Breaks
    clarke
    Tomy
    Hairster
    Arkaan

As always - THE MORE THE MERRIER! Jump on in anytime

Name:  99070201004_WoCChaosLord01.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  55.8 KB
    Last edited by tomy; 11-18-2017 at 01:44 PM.

For those new to this:
    1. Obtain a Chaos Lord. The one pictured above.
    2. Paint it.
    3. Post up pics.
    4. Ask any questions you'd like. Painting woe? Prep woe? Colour choice woe? Everyone helps everyone

I realise that I've put the title as 2018. This is a mistake which I can't seem to correct - it's my first thread rodeo...
    I imagine the end date should probably be around the END OF JANUARY, but there's no hard rules - it's just that it's nice to have a motivating deadline! Hopefully that's enough time to go get the Chaos Lord, and then enough time to paint it whilst also festively eating, drinking and all the stuff that comes with December and January!
    Last edited by tomy; 11-18-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Looking forwards to some updates, doint have the figure myselff but will lurk around in here
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Name:  Screenshot_20171120-102315.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  10.7 KB

Here's a very breif colour scheme. I realise it's going to be red, yellow and blue, but we'll see how it goes...

Nice aqua colour there good start
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Aqua and gold go nicely together, nice scheme

Name:  IMG_1163.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  517.3 KBName:  IMG_1164.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  501.9 KB
    Here's my start. Often start with the head. The horns were fun and would like to highlight a little more. Eyes are difficult, not greatly detailed in parts.

Nice blends there on the flesh. Got the whole bull like feel to the face. I personally would be tempted as you say to up the highlites just a tad.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Some nice progress being made her by people....going to be really good watching this one develop.

Need to get on this myself, I have a scheme in mind for him...will try to pick up the mini at WW this weekend.

Go on Hairster

I have a habit of losing motivation, so I've gone for the whole assemble everything and put as much paint down asap. Might not be the best finish, but hopefully I'll end up with a completed model! Finished: not perfect...

Anyway, adding more on. I'm undecided on the horns, although I may pinch clarkes black and red scheme... I might try a bit of light coming off the blade to, but that's a bonus
    Name:  Screenshot_20171122-122002.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  9.7 KB

nice work folks!

tomy, bigger pictures! i prefer not to use a magnifier here

Think I might get in on this too...now just to grease up to the girlfreind see if she fancies treating me to a new mini lol

Name:  IMG_20171122_140539607.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  1.69 MB

Just posting via my phone. Hopefully this might be bigger...

I think even skel can relate too this size of a pic Ned to dry my eyes now. Andy is envious also its even bigger then his usual size....btw nice color choices.

/K

I finally got mine yesterday. And I painted a leg! Twice! (because the first time was a big mistake). I have trouble picking right colors for gold, It don't look right to me. What do you think guys?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Arkaan I think you can keep it but it is more bronze in color, There is redish gold also but I think it is easier to go more brown or towards green in the shadow areas to get a gold.

/K

Well, I repainted it few times Still learning but i thing i will keep it as it is now
    Last edited by Arkaan; 11-25-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Nice start, I was looking at using blacks/browns in the armour, have had visitors so production has slowed down

Shity pics but you get the idea. Bloody iPhone 6 takes worse pics than my old iPhone 4, contrast shot to hell.
    Here be my ranking=

Count me in gents. Picked mine up yesterday at WW.