Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Lord - Paintalong 2018

Aarkan - that is one sweet close up!

Andy try to put a white background and see if the figure gets better or dark bakground, some cameras reacts better to thoose options when taking pics.

Nice work all, really like this kind of events, sadly it will not be for me this time around but I will be in here looking

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Name:  20171128_092859.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  354.0 KB

All base coated.

A bit more done. Tried with a black background and a white its just the light setting on the camera the black background ups the contrast so much that all the grey appears a stark white and the white background greys everything out. I need to resurrect my old iPhone 4 and use it for photos as my iPhone 6 is er what’s the technical term ah yes shit.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Are we sticking with the supplied base for this by the way?

try getting camera+ app. works well with my 7
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Name:  Moosehead.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  222.0 KB

WIP shot of 'Moosehead' as the girlfreind calls him lol

Looking good RS great light placement and blending though if I could suggest you up the contrast more.

Here's my latest; looking rough with the panting but going to do the glazes soon which will smooth it out.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Looking good man...yeah I'm gonna ramp up the armour a bit to make it pop a bit more. I'm enjoying this project...nice to have a bit of fun

Plenty of awesome work being displayed. RogueSquirrel, love the work on those eyes mate, top notch stuff.

Thanks man I'm absolutely loving this mini. Nice to be painting for a bit of fun again before I break out Magnus the demon and an orruk megaboss lol

A bit more done starting to smooth out the steel.
    Here be my ranking=

Some nice work guys. I am enjoying watching your progress.

Cool job everyone!!! Nice to see some diffs in the styles!!!

Name:  20171207_113116.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  483.4 KB

Latest WIP on this guy...been absolutely hanging with a bad chest infection for the past week and all I've done is skulk around the forums so thought I'd better produce something. Need to do loads of work on the NMM (not something I usually attempt) and other stuff too.

Newbie, please be gentle Magobaku's Avatar

Hi rogue,the base is not bad,You should push even more the contrast on the nmm parts,imho.If it turns pink, go with some glazes/wash of red.army painter wash is not bad for this use,also black wash is useful.
    hope it helps
    bye
    MB

Thanks guys...yeah gonna try and push the contrasts on the gold a bit more and see how the red compares after. Need my hands a bit steadier before I do any thing else though lol

Name:  20171207_155040.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  216.0 KB

Bit of work on cloak...gonna attempt some free and on here I reckon

Very nice leather cloak there Rogue Squirrel and the red armour with the cracks is coming along nicely. The gold has the light placement in just the right spots. If I could just say that I still think that the contrast still needs pushing a bit. It looks great though!

Here’s the latest on mine, going slower than you but got this stinking cold which won’t shift! Gold started.
    Here be my ranking=