Eki's WIPs - finally got the gumption to post something - Page 37
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Eki's WIPs - finally got the gumption to post something

Awe-some. Awe-some

Thanks BAM! I can at least say that I pushed myself with the gold nmm and am happy with it and with trying to use it quite a bit more than I had previously
    So, I am almost finished, really just the pistol to finish up and will have to patch up the end of the staff that I pinned. Otherwise here is a little more completed shot of that sash thingy (mostly just trying to fix some stuff and work on the gems in the nid pendant at the bottom
    Name:  20200306_182527.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  48.9 KBName:  20200306_182553.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  43.9 KB

This is comming along nicely. You made me want to try NMM know...

Excellent work Ekipage really love that non metallic metal you are doing and every thing about the model.

After seeing the NMM gold on the outer side and the color transition on the inner, I confirm you have taken the right decision to do it this way.
    I can feel, that you're buring to bring this to the finish :-)

Thank you Dexter, Clouds and Graishak, really appreciate the words of encouragement while painting this figure!
    Dexter, yeah, you should definitely give the nmm a shot it is a fun exercise in painting. It can be frustrating too though, and I will admit mine isn't the best I have ever seen, but at least I still tried it and at this stage of my painting feel that it's the best I could do right now (hopefully will improve) so completely happy with that.

And she is glued together...
    Name:  20200310_203622.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  72.6 KBName:  20200310_203633.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  57.2 KBName:  20200310_203636.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  64.3 KBName:  20200310_203645.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  61.1 KB
    Some minor touch ups are needed, such as filling and painting the hole at the end of the staff and that small gap on the staff hand

Blog Entries

Great to see this project come together at last. I really like the back of her hood and the knife. Congratulations on the way you pushed yourself on this model.

Thanks ST, and yeah it was with the help of others here that helped along the way with the helpful comments and critiques. Almost feel in no rush to complete her though as I wanted to enter it in the IPMS show in April, but not sure if it will go on here or not. They haven't cancelled it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do, since it is held at a local school and right now they have cancelled after school activities until about a week prior to this show.

Sweet job! Such good color choices. I really like how you stuck to cooler color gradients for most of her and then brought out some warmer colors for her knife. Contasts in all the right ways.

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower

Great job Eki, so happy to see you finish this one up! She looks great. My only cc would be to push the darks a lot further in your NMM. It really helps to sell the shiny effect, that’s something to work on in the future. Also juxtaposition of the severe darks to extreme lights, especially along corners and ridges, does a lot for it as well. Regardless, you should be proud of her, very well done bud

Thanks Rowwws, Sik and Dex, yeah, I have a base but am not feeling it at the moment so may start over

Anyway, here is the base as I have it now. My issue is I am not super happy with the "rust" effect so not sure if I will continue with this. On the flip side, I am quite happy with the glowing grated area so kind of tossed up about what to do.
    Name:  20200318_191234.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  125.6 KB

I love it- the rust makes it corrode and that exactly what it looks like!bbb

The base really suits the model, congrat. I'm agree on the rust effect though. Maybee try to play with pigments/pastels if you have some?

Blog Entries

I agree it looks pretty solid. My advice would be to think about where water would pool (against ridges, in corners) and hit that with a bit of your rust.

Thanks BAM, Dex and ST! Really appreciate the comments and suggestions and yeah I probably should have done some rust down those two channels in the base, but was playing with chipping medium for the first time and I had already though I had overdone the effect before I even though about those two areas. I did buy some pigments, just have never used them (so yay, now I have to learn something new, and hope I don't mess it up) but don't have any pastels. I used Vallejo Hull Red with some of the chipping medium on top and then the grey mix (SC75 Graphen grey with some reaper Cloudy Grey) over it. I then added some Vallejo rust washes and then added some Reaper Mint Green and Vallejo Bright Orange (but I think I thinned those two out a tad too much as they seem to have washed out a bit too much (or maybe the light was just too strong for the pic). I was afraid that too thick and they would look way to odd and am struggling a little with the right consistency to get the effect. Will definitely have to try the weather powders after I read up on how to use them on the Secret Weapons site. Thanks again all!

wow, amazing work! I hope I could make one that good

Thanks lardfire! I don't think I am that great by a long shot but if you haven't been painting for very long, keep at it and you will progress. I would recommend starting a Work in Progress page, the folks around here are very helpful with the comments, critiques and suggestions