Eki's WIPs - finally got the gumption to post something - Page 36
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Eki's WIPs - finally got the gumption to post something

great stuff, Eki, I like what you have come up with for the sward. Keep at it.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

My Instagram - where I post pictures every now and again https://www.instagram.com/coyotepaints/

She is looking great! Must be satisfying to see things all coming together with such a complex paint job.

Thanks CB and DChan, I really appreciate the support! Now, to get that one piece on her that I almost forgot about so I have to revise my completion percentage to about 95 percent done

She really looks great @ekipage. I'm looking forward to see it on a base.

Almost there mate! I also can't wait to see the whole thing put together, she looks great!

Thanks Dexter and Gorb! Yeah, I can't decide if I just go the round industrial base or try to make it a little bit more scenic by adding a backdrop to it

Here is the last little piece I have to finish up for the GSC lady
    Name:  20200225_210257.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  92.9 KB
    Still not 100% sure what colors I want to use though

To make it fit to the rest I'd recommend to add some purplish and/or greenish coloring.

Okay, so I started work on the last piece and think I might change how I was planning on painting it. I was going to use the same colors for the outside parts so it looked like the dress, but now I am thinking of either trying the nmm gold for that or doing some other lighter shade like a pale grey, lighter blue or white and then doing the bit inside the design area in the colors of the dress... Anyway, here is what it looks like for know until I make up my mind
    Name:  20200228_181623.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  72.0 KB

I like the blue. Can't comment on the color choice though - bit hard to tell how it is going to look like in context with the figure.

Fair enough, here are two shots with the piece where it will attach to figure
    Name:  20200228_202539.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  82.7 KBName:  20200228_202500.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  97.8 KB
    I am just not sure if having the outside part of that piece match the dress colors is the right way to go or if something like a nmm gold will make it stand out more and look better

Your color choices and the reflective surfaces are especially cool! (i.e. the light reflecting off of her dress and ribbed collar) Gives me some ideas for some of my own minis.

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower

i think working some of the NMM colours into the belt thingy will look good. will add interest but not add more colours to the overall scheme
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

My Instagram - where I post pictures every now and again https://www.instagram.com/coyotepaints/

This look nice!
    THe NMM effect is a good idea I think it would match the rest of the figure and it would equilibrate the color composition.

It fits perfect :-D

Okay so after Coyotebreaks suggestion I started thinking about it and then just pulled the trigger. I am going to do the outside in the nmm gold (or at least try to) and do the purple, green, blue mix in the middle part. I just laid down the mid tone for the gold and then wanted to see what the three color mix would look like in the middle (I plan on keeping the light blue line though)
    sorry if the pic is a little dark but you should all get the idea
    Name:  20200301_162417.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  69.4 KB

Thanks CB, Dexter and Graishak. And glad you could pick up some idea's from my figure there Rowwwsdower
    Oh, forgot to mention, the holster is actually darker as I applied a rather heavy black (not quite glaze) on it as I thought the brown leather look wouldn't match with the black arm bands and boots

hehe, need to remember which side is supposed to be in the light and which is in shade (no photo because I corrected myself) but let's just say I didn't remember that Thankfully I am just roughing it in right now and not at the end of it

That looks good ekipage! The dark holster will fit great, and the NMM you plan should make it pop.

Thanks Gorb, speaking of which got a little work done on the sash thingy but still a ways to go to try and get the gold nmm right. But right now I am trying to fill in that middle bit before really tackling the outer edges as I realized I can get the nmm looking good and then f' it all up trying to paint inside those lines so working from the inside out for now
    Name:  20200302_180907.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  73.4 KBName:  20200302_180937.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  125.6 KB
    Last edited by ekipage; 03-02-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Okay, got a little more work done on the sash/hangy bit. Happy with the front facing part and the sides, not as happy with the back pat of it (not sure if I should just go darker or try to blend it some more but it looks pretty rough to me. So just the gem on the bottom bit and the holster and then attach everything
    Name:  20200304_194724.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  97.9 KBName:  20200304_194656.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  73.6 KBName:  20200304_194819.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  55.6 KB