Eki's WIPs - finally got the gumption to post something - Page 39
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Eki's WIPs - finally got the gumption to post something

Blog Entries

Hey man, so sad to hear about your cat. She was an exceptionally beautiful creature. I know what a blow it is when you lose a pet, a friend, and a family member at the same time. Wish I had more than sympathy to offer, my friend. Hang in there.

Hey Eki, sorry to hear that. :-( As I'm as well a cat loving person, I know about the pain, once such a buddy is passing away. Echoing SaintToad: "Hang in there"...

First, your last piece turned out great, great job on it and I’m glad to see you pushing yourself with new techniques and stating your get a handle on the NMM.

second, I’m so sorry to hear about Bean. It’s always difficult losing someone that’s been part of your life for so long, and having it happen during this crazy time that we’re all struggling with has to make it so much worse. Hang in there bud, focus on what makes you happy. We’re here for ya!

Thanks ST, Graishak and Sik I really appreciate the kind words. Just a little bit rough right now especially pretty much having to stay at home all the time right now, so I miss the little furbal. I keep expecting her to hop on the desk and try to chew on the paint brush while I am working. I guess I should clarify though, her name was Alyssa, bean was just a nickname but I wound up calling her that quite a bit. I will be on from time to time, but hope to see you all a little more regularly in the near future. I hope everyone is well and stays safe.

Alright, so started painting again and was going to do the Skink Star Priest, but then decided to try this one out instead. It is just partially started, as I am just laying down were I want some certain colors, such as all the skulls on the torso, fist and on the one shoulder guard I think I am going to go with a red or something instead of white/bone color so I hit them with some Wolf Grey and will probably go yellow over that and then the red as I am trying to get a richer shade. Not sure what I want to do the faces on the knee pad and cloth bit in yet though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ekipage; 04-16-2020 at 06:57 PM.

Ohhhh this is gonna be a good one.

I'm glad to see you're back!
    I'm looking forward to see this how this new project is going to progress.

Just a little bit of work done on Harkaan as I try to get the red where I want it (and the mustard yellow bits will get the red treatment as well, I don't want him to look like a hot dog vendor)
    Name:  20200418_202652.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  110.8 KB

Also decided he would be former World Eater since the right knee pad just reminded me of their symbol and the open space between the teeth lent itself to try to make it look like a globe
    Name:  20200418_202534.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  103.3 KB

I looove he’s eating the world nice detail

Blog Entries

Oh cool, looks like it’ll be an impressive mini. Word Eater, huh? Better ask Siks where to find bulk prices on Blood for the Blood God paint.

Thanks BAM and ST. No worries, I have a bottle or two of BftBG that are unopened and some tamiya red clear and uhu glue (if I can get past the horrible smell of that stuff)

That reply from Toad made me laugh out loud... happy to see you back in the swing of things Eki!! and man i love the idea of having the globe inside the mouth. very creative!! when you get to the blood stage, keep in mind that mixing paint with the uhu makes if very blobby. it doesnt string as easy, good for viscera but not for strings. maybe want to paint it (gently) afterward if you want strings. I learned that the hard way

well done on finishing the bold lady. The finished model looks great. really came together nicely. nice job
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

My Instagram - where I post pictures every now and again https://www.instagram.com/coyotepaints/

Been off for a bit, just wasn't feeling the last space marine I was painting so I just decided to take a break. Still been messing around a bit, but nothing worth posting pics of. Anyway, decided to start up this little lady today
    Name:  20200524_173651.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  51.4 KB
    Not sure if I like the one breast done in the same blue as the dress skirt or if I should do both in blue or just leave them purple.

Beautiful sculpt on her. Nice choice of base colours man. looking forward to more.

Cheers Eki, nice to see you’re back at the painting board
    To my mind both breast pieces should go with the light blue with a purple texture on it.
    Confirming Daniel‘s statement, it is avery nice sculpture.

Thanks CPTDan and Graishak. Only thing a little off to me is the right eye seems kind of wonky, but yeah really like the figure too. I think for right now I am leaving the top as it is (easy to get it purple over that lighter blue anyway. I did paint the little trim piece around the corset the blue though so it ties it in with the skirt more. Will get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

I live this new one for You Eks. Those Lil lil ones you have your finest moments . They speak to you !!! I mean your adept at any and every model but these lil ones in still astounded by your precision with then and your brush.

Thanks BAM, yeah, I think I am going to stick with the smaller scale (old fashioned regular 28mm, non-heroic, whatever it is called) for a bit. I have a couple Infinity figures lined up after this one.

Minor update, this is what I have for the sorceress so far
    Name:  20200525_194150.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  57.2 KB

And here is where I am at on the Chaos Space Marine
    Name:  20200525_194021.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  73.4 KBName:  20200525_194040 (1).jpg
Size:  93.3 KB

And the lovely couple together
    Name:  20200525_193702.jpg
Size:  91.6 KB He almost looks the same size height-wise until you realize this figure is leaning forward quite a bit.