Eki's WIPs - finally got the gumption to post something - Page 41
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: Eki's WIPs - finally got the gumption to post something

I love the tone on that ladies skin bud!!!

Put her to your gallery - she deserves it :-)

CPTDan, I am guessing the Reaper figure was one of their Bones line. If so, I believe that is just a softer form of plastic and not actually resin so not sure if it will work the same between the two. I will probably try running it under some hot water though and see if that works, especially since it is such a small piece it shouldn't take much to warm up.

BAM, thanks, but which one did you mean?

Graishak, I will I still haven't based her yet though and there is some stuff I need to correct that I just caught. Tiny fleck of paint on her right side on the dress that I have to cover (the purple dot doesn't go with the blue).

Blog Entries

Your persistence on the flower lady has paid off.

Thank you ST, much appreciated!

Okay, so the Native American figure I am working on, got a question do the skin colors I am using right now seem okay or should I go a different color. I just have the base layer and what I intend for the lighter area but I am not sure if it is looking realistic or not
    Name:  20200623_201752.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  83.1 KB

As for the resin figure I am starting, I put down some initial colors and realized that I missed a crap load of mold lines. I didn't even see them until I started painting as some didn't really appear until I rotated it a certain way (yeah, I missed that entire line running down the right side in the photo) and the color helps define them more so probably going to be scraping most of this off as I attack the mold lines and have to re-prime. But this is the color scheme I think I will go with on her
    Name:  20200623_201841.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  67.1 KB
    Last edited by ekipage; 06-23-2020 at 08:32 PM.

I think those are pretty perfect colors for that dark skin ekipage. Also very cool flower girl model, that is very nicely done, great work mate!

I'm not much of a skin tone buff, so you'd have to ask someone else. But I think the dark skin looks great so far.

As for the mold lines, I wouldn't bother repriming if the paint seems to stick to the resin ok. I think most of your stuff will be display models instead of gaming pieces, correct?

Thank you Clouds!
    Gorb, the figure was primed and painted, just completely missed a bunch of mold lines. Don't know if I was just rushing and didn't pay attention or my eyesight is that crappy now! I aim more for the display model (just not that great at it at least in my eyes) so yeah, I do want to correct the mold lines.

Okay, in my quest to start a bunch of projects and see none of them through (ok, actually I do hope to see them all through) here is another figure I started working on...mostly because I wound up snapping the rifle of the military lady and have to figure out how to fix it...
    Name:  20200704_200316.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  88.3 KB

Blog Entries

I like that Native American one best, I hope you keep moving forward with her. This last one definitely seems to present interesting opportunities for a setting.

Thanks ST! I am still working on her, just playing with the skin some and trying to figure out what to do with those bits of cloth surrounding her (I really need to research some Native American clothing). Here is where she sits right now (not much has changed)
    Name:  20200705_122037.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  71.9 KB

Skin tones are coming along nicely.
    For the dress... something like this?
    Name:  Indian.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  23.5 KB

Thanks Graishak. Maybe, just going to look around some until I find a pattern that I like.

The skin on the native is such an accurate portrayal . Great job EKS. Hey btw ide die before painting the elf green and silver lolololl

Thanks BAM! I thought the highlights were a little too off so went over them with kind of a glaze to tone it down a little. I will try to get some pics up tonight. Hey I figured you were an Eagles fan (and don't worry, I won't judge) with that "sub-title" on there

Still playing with the native american figures skin, just don't feel like I quite have what I want. So I switched over to give her some face paint, which I think turned out alright. And I started with some decoration on the skirt bit, but still not sure how elaborate I want to go, I am thinking simpler pattern or not much for now. I will probably try to do more pattern on the worst part I should and that is the flowing strips around her.
    Name:  20200707_192841.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  64.3 KB

Looking great so far, if you pattern that flowing strip then hats off to you ;D

Looking really good! Who makes the Native American figure?

Thanks Maxwin, gonna give it a shot, just need the pattern I like.

Kendarus, it is from Paymaster Games (https://www.paymastergames.com/) They pretty much just do Native American and some Polynesian themed miniatures

Thanks, Ekipage! Just took a look and they have some pretty great stuff there. This is the first I have heard of them.