Eki's WIPs - finally got the gumption to post something - Page 42
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Eki's WIPs - finally got the gumption to post something

No problem. Yeah I ran across them a while back and picked up a few things since they were so much different from other sites.

So, I added a little more to her face, figured a small teal and black stripe would look good on the chin, and next is tackling that flowy bit
    Name:  20200709_165206.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  60.2 KB

Okay, finally picked a pattern for the flowy pieces of material
    Name:  20200712_203056.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  71.0 KBName:  20200712_203134.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  70.6 KBName:  20200712_203210.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  48.1 KB
    Trying to paint a bunch of dots is a pain and with that damn part curving and twisting it was even worse. I know they aren't all the same size, but I am still happy with it. Just need to finish up the little bits on her, work on the hair so it isn't just plain black and then I have to paint up her hand with the broom (or whatever it is supposed to be) and will be done with her. Hopefully tomorrow will be mostly finished.
    Last edited by ekipage; 07-12-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Level up !!! Find the nearest save point and save game!!!!

Nice work!! you have the spacing nice and consistent all over, I imagine that was some right fun and games lol.

Thanks BAM! Really appreciate the support!
    Thank you Maxwin! I am happy with the stripes, but have to admit they aren't all evenly spaced or the same size (just don't tell anyone...) Yeah some of those stripes and dots were a royal pain, especially where the piece folds over on itself in a spot or two.

Those dots looks pretty nice to me. This model progress quite nicely. Well done.

Thank you Dexter and Gorb! So I haven't got this finished yet, but been trying to get the little bits and bobs on this figure worked out. Still not sure what color I wan't to use for the the ring type bits on the lower arms and legs. I have been trying to get the connections for the ribbon bit to look like gold and jade, not sure how well I have pulled that off yet, but will see what I can do. Still have to do her right hand holding a broom type thing (best way I can describe it) and a little bag that goes on the left hip (hence the kind of unpainted bit there)
    Name:  20200716_205123.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  74.7 KBName:  20200716_205218.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  48.8 KBName:  20200716_205311.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  73.1 KBName:  20200716_205333.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  46.7 KB

Blog Entries

​Looking nice. I like how you’re making all those colors work.

Looking really good, Eki! You've gotten better and better since I was last here. The skin tones on that lovely lady are awesome and I really like all the freehand as well!

Thanks Kuribo!
    So, one of the conventions I used to go to (HMGS) ran a cyber convention this weekend. I entered a few pieces and was really happy to find out I took first place in fantasy/sci-fi single figure category for the infinity figure I did a while back. Not sure what I get, but that wasn't the point, just fun getting to do some comps again.

Name:  Ininity_Front2.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  228.1 KB
    Last edited by ekipage; 07-26-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Congrats on the win ekipage, well deserved! This is a very cool looking piece.

Well done with the win eki. One of many more to come I hope.

Congratiolations for winning the Sci-Fi Category!

Blog Entries

Nice job & congratulations! I’m very happy to hear about your success!

Thanks all! It is all about the fun of entering the comps (well most of the time it is.......). I am more impressed that my photos were clear enough for the judging

That's a really nice piece congrats on the win!

Outstanding EKS!!!! Congrats

Congrats! I love the piece, the rocks almost looks like a dragon head. Was it done on purpose?

Thanks Maxwin, BAM and Dex! Dexter, no it wasn't done on purpose, I had purchased a couple scenic rock pieces and was trying to get them to fit to make the wall, I just glued them together and repainted them and I didn't realize that I used the same two molds so that is why they are kind of uniform. I didn't even notice that the top one looks like it has an eye painted on it in the top right side and that it looks kind of like a dragon's head. That appears to just be some crazy luck and an accident from the washes I used to stain the rocks