Swampys i will finish something thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swampys i will finish something thread

Default Swampys i will finish something thread

Took a bit of a break from painting, Like a year and a half or something. Anyway browsing through faceache and a few painters i recognize pop up. I got the itch again so dusted off the brushes and bought something new to have a bash at.

Blue parts are only test fitted at the moment. After a while away i’m actually quite happy with it. Hands are a bit more shaky than i remember them being, had to support both hands.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mint looks nice, I like the little details too. Blue is great with the damage.

Thats coming along rather nicely.

Not bad for having had a break recently.nice shading on the blue.

looks good, nice little bits of chips and stuff, they break the surfaces up well.

So a bit more done. Just decals then they looked really out of place so roughed them up a bit. Worked ok in my opinion.

Love it, the colour transitions are very smooth and the little dinks and chips really give it character. Great work already

Picked up the brush again.

i think a pretty good start on the skin. Tempted by a tattoo over the shoulder with the knife (other side is covered)

Another photo showing how much of the other side is covered.

It’s been pretty much none stop for me recently. Two jobs, fire service pager was going off nearly every hour for the last two days so gave up on sleeping and got some done.

Love the gold NMM. Looks super real. Skin needs some more shadows in my opinion though. But I find it really hard to get the right amount of contrast on such big pieces myself -.- Just a bit too much and it looks wierd.
    Looking foward to see your progress

Thank you . Gold is 80% finished in tmm. Wish i could fo nmm so well it looked real. Agreed on the skin shadows esp around the shoulder, as you said i was a bit scared to go too far with it.

Gold is 80% finished in tmm.
    oO Then I have to ask what metal colors you used and how ^^ When I painted TMM I always saw the little metal flakes of the paint but I can't see anything of that here. That's why I assumed it was NMM lol.

Actually imo I looove the subtlety in theshading on the skin. This is the difference in a piece that looks real as opposed to just a painted model. excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by CyAniDe View Post
    oO Then I have to ask what metal colors you used and how ^^ When I painted TMM I always saw the little metal flakes of the paint but I can't see anything of that here. That's why I assumed it was NMM lol.

These are the scale75 metalics. Brilliant paints but sadly they suffer from some horrendous drying issues. Short of wrapping the bottles in cling film every time i’m done with them i’m out of ideas to stop it. It’s also worth looking at their inktensity range too. I’ll be using them for the golds next.

Hmm yeah scale75 ... I'm pretty interested in their "new" fantasy and gaming line. Like the strong colors.
    Heard a lot of positive feedbacks on the regular scale 75 paints and they seem to be pretty special with their gel medium.
    I bought 2 of the regular sets a few years ago ("NMM" and "Leather and Wood"). They do work indeed but I really had to thin them a lot and what really annoyed me was the shaking -.- I put metal balls in there and even though I only got nearly pure medium out of the bottles. I really had to shake them ultra long and super hard to get em mixed up and I hated it ^^
    That's why I never really used them often :/

Do you have some of the fantasy range ? Are they a bit different concerning the excessive shaking ? Really love the tones and the matte finish but if I have to shake them too until my arms fall off I'ld probably not use them often and therefore buying them would be waste of money -.-
    Using metal balls in my Vallejo Model Color and P3 paints as well and give em a shake of approx 5 sec and they're mixed xD.

Nice work. The skin looks good and the metallics are beautiful.

@cyanide. Yeah the mixing is a pain metalics are the worst out of all of them i’ve tried for it. I have one set of the fantasy range “un natural flesh” that one is alot better, maybe 5 seconds of pretty hard mixing and it’s spot on. It also seems to have a slightly longer working time than the other paints which i find dry way too fast.

Nice, that sounds good. Longer working is an other big plus. Now I know what to wish for christmas