Thread: GumbaFish's WIP [CC welcome and encouraged!]

Default GumbaFish's WIP [CC welcome and encouraged!]

Hey all, first post here in the forums. I was a long time member of The Warhammer Forum and ever since The Glass Cabinet became a bit of a ghost town I've found myself without a forum to call home. As a result, I've noticed that I am less motivated to paint and don't push myself to try new things like I used to. I've decided this year that I would really like to paint more regularly and improve my skills so I thought I would start posting my work here to get some motivation and hopefully improve as a painter.

With that said I always welcome helpful comments, critiques, suggestions etc... so please feel free to post constructive criticism. I'm currently juggling some Warmachine Khador, Guildball Blacksmiths, various Shadespire warbands and a few miscellaneous projects so I will bounce around between these. I'm hoping to add in some tutorials along the way if I am working on anything I think could be useful for people.

I just finished up Steelheart's champions yesterday so here they are.

Obryn the Bold

Angharad Brigthshield

Severin Steelheart

These are fantastic! Jaw dropping clean job! I am a bit like you I need forum to keep me going and gimme motivation, welcome in the nut house!

Very nice work
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Outstanding work on all of these guys... I especially like that blending on the shield, that looks absolutely amazing!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!!!

These are beautiful. Great choice of colours, and the variety of textures is so nice to look at. A breath of fresh air in comparison to the typically flat gold approach

Great cape too! love the texture. all round great job.

I’d echo everyone else, outstanding mini.

In an attempt to try and provide some constructive critique, maybe have a look at glazing some different tones on to Severin’s face. If you shut your eyes and wish really hard, BaM might turn up with a handy picture guide.
    Last edited by Foxtail; 12-31-2017 at 02:42 PM.

What a great palette!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

for the face from chin up grey glaze checks red glaze forhead yellow glaze. I have a pic some where. will post it tonight.

Thanks all! So Foxtail and Canny I'm trying to understand what you are suggesting and I want to see if I have it right. I have added one type of contrast in the face from light (the forehead) to dark (the chin) but you are suggesting that I add another level of contrast by varying from warm (the forehead) to cool tones (the chin)?

Hmm interesting, thanks for the tip I have never seen this before. Since skintones are something I have always struggled with, I'll definitely give this a shot.

Welcome to the forums. These are some beautiful minis.