Where do you sell your painted miniatures

Thread: Where do you sell your painted miniatures

Question Where do you sell your painted miniatures

So I am just curious where do other painters sell their work? So far the only place I see as a option is eBay. But those bastards went from 10% tax on overall price to 12.50%. I mean damn... Need to pay the listings, extras and then final fees just for that service that is actually pretty bad if you are not in America. It's horrible...

So any advice? I did make a facebook page, but so for just a few messages and nothing other than that :/

Hey, selling painted miniature isn't easy, especially when you want to have a fair price. I have some followers (7000 Facebook and 6000 Instagram) and some good ratings here, but I don't sell many of my finished models. I have very many open comissions where i paint specific models for clients. But it is all about markting, showing many models and making good pictures, share them on platforms. And maybe an interested client will write you. But there are many profesinals like never before (at least in my opinion) so it's a hard business. Try to see it relaxed and focus improve your skills and creating models you like. When someone wants a model: Nice. If not keep on going I don't think that ebay works very good. Sure if you have a huge fanbase and many, many clients maybe, but if not you will sell models for 1-3 Euros for a worked hour.

Etsy has been very good to my fiancé’s business “heroes for war games” I do the studio but for this lil moneymaker. So the thing is they charge 20% of total sales. They also have fees to and for advertising . This advertisement part is very important if youde like maximum exposure for your Etsy business. If it were me doing it ide have all 3 linked up the Facebook linked to the eBay linked to the Instagram. That’s maximum exposure for your models to get out there. If your feeling the fees are killing your profits either boost up your prices and/or boost up your output and generate more work. In the end the fees aren’t that bad if your pushing out work.some folks like myself and my love Janet have 2 types of avenues buyers can look into 1) the commission part for those who want their models painted up ( I think this is what you do along with many others) and 2) you can have the Etsy page that sells anything else like PREPAINTED MODELS. In our Etsy page we have an inventory of 187 models. Some large some vignettes , single, single TT , single display , mounted models , units and others from $20.00 up to over 100ds of dollars. The inventory is extensive and has models from not only many categories but many diff companies. This is lucrative for us but again they take $20.00 / $100.00 it’s a very fair cut. Hope this helps.

Etsy! Or you can follow buy and sell pages on Facebook then post your items there.

You have to look at Ebay as advertising that will lead to commission work that you won't have to pay fees on. I sold some GW figures on Ebay a few years ago and almost every buyer wanted me to paint more for them. (but I don't paint on demand) I also own two other businesses and have used Ebay and Amazon to build both. After selling on Ebay and Amazon for a couple years and including business cards in every order, I was able to build enough business to stop using them.

Initially, you want to use every outlet available to build up your customer base. Ebay, Etsy, Putty & Paint, and Facebook. You should also compete in every competition you can find. Not only will you win awards to increase your credibility, you will meet potential buyers. I went to the MFCA show a couple weeks ago and met lots of people (some of which have already purchased from us), passed out lots of business cards, and came home with a couple medals. The medals (now in a showcase in our retail store) will make our customers feel more comfortable asking for advice on what products to buy. (I own a shop that specializes in miniatures and miniature painting)

Get your name and work in front of as many people as possible. Look at the fees as advertising expense. Over the last 20 years, I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on advertising for businesses I have owned and I can tell you that only paying when something sells is the cheapest form of advertising.
    .................................................. ........
    Here is a link to the stuff I have painted:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/MrJim

Here is a link to my WIP thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...rJim-s-ADD-WIP

Here is a link to my favorite Miniatures Website:
    http://www.competitionminis.com/
    .................................................. ........

Facebook and Craigslist has nomfees but ebay and Etsy has more
    luck. You can always sell sets to make it worth sellin on eBay sell a few more with the minis instead of singles so less of a loss with the seller fees