The Bunker - Page 41
Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bunker

Joining Dr. Bob: More skin plz :-)
    The armor looks brilliant.

Hey thanks all! I appreciate all of your feedbacks. Oops sorry for not uploading so regularly I really got a busy schedule.I wish I had more time to devote to my hobby but having full time job and a sick wife restrict my free time to a minimum, so when I have a minute for me I spend it on painting mostly.

Again thanks all for following my thread here and on Instagram it really makes a difference between continuing and quitting.

Ok back to Sibilla; thanks all for the encouragement because I find this model really tough to do especially the skin work, I put off many many time working on skin because I find it extremely boring for one and also lack the knowledge and experience, been working hard on my metals for the past years I kind of regret now not having put a bit more time researching on tutorials and practicing more. Now that said the technique I use now is really not the fastest out there as I play with a minimum of colors but instead I play with layers. Extremely long process.

I almost put her aside a few times since I started the skin but finally decided to push my limits.

Enough talk now, I have time a bit today as I am home sick for a super rare time.

Update on the skin so far, I am almost ready to start on the face, couple of more endless layers on the body and than the face. I don't know if I am going to do freehand on the skin yet because I don't want to screw the kin job. Her eyes should be yellow like cat eyes and the skull helmet should have glowing evil eyes.

Name:  IMG_20190122_200506_742.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  442.6 KB
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 01-24-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Wow that model is great. Probably the best vampire lady I've seen so far. The metal parts look really great so far.

I find this model really tough to do especially the skin work
    Absolutely know what you mean. Would be intimidated as well. But I'm very curious to see how you get it done. The start is quite interesting with that high contrast between the skin and hair color. Can't say much about it yet though. But I'm really excited to see how it turns out

Keep on it.

Idk Joce !!!! I think you’ve so far NAILED IT annnd I gotta say iiiii absoluuutely looove the skinwork and the color rocks. Nice choice.

Shexsy shexsy !!!!!! Love the cohesion you’ve gotten by bringing the face up to the stages of the skin.

Thanks bro, I am going to have to retouch the whole metal work after the skin is done :P an't wait for manual shots with camera too.
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 01-26-2019 at 12:47 AM.

I slowly started on the face. This time I edited the picture a bit to remove over exposure.

Name:  IMG_20190126_122441_475.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  157.3 KB

Reminds me when a single ice vampire killed all of our Dragonlance D&D party, ~25 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Lemming View Post
    Reminds me when a single ice vampire killed all of our Dragonlance D&D party, ~25 years ago
    Thanks LL! I going to use that as a name for her, "Ice Vampire"

She’s looking great man... coming together really nice

Che bella si frozen vampirella!!! Gorgeous she looks real.

I knew this was coming, I just can't get comfortable with this mini, everything I try to do is difficult and my patience is running out. From the start I incontered problems, I should of never assemble the head/hair and the armored arm pieces righ away that was mi biggest mistake second mistake is I started the skin in mid tone where I should of righ away base coat in really light skin tone and work my shadows instead spending 200 years try to highlight my mid tone... I cannot even perform at my top with tinny freehand!!! Looks like my 6 months away from painting as rendered me rusty but I just added a bit of oil in the machine, next project should be a bit easier.

Let's call this one "experience" as I will order a new copy of her today.

Name:  IMG_20190126_212432_335.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  174.1 KB

I know it might now be what you wanted in your eyes, but the free hand pattern looks pretty cool to me, especially if you glazed over it a little with the skin color. That being said, sorry to hear about the problems with the skin colors, but I think this one looks pretty good anyway.

Thanks equipage, it's all good, I will maybe pick her another time. I need a break that's all.

Look Joce my man I feel she looks friggin ace in the hole. You are the one that needs to be happy with her. As you said mate -experience, order another. No biggie. I do it all the time. Your not alone there. she is very nice though. :-)

I know that feeling all too well, I have about 10 projects that I started and thought "I did this all wrong" and pushed them to the side. I have no doubt you'll come back to to this one and knock it out of the park.

biggest mistake second mistake is I started the skin in mid tone where I should of righ away base coat in really light skin tone and work my shadows instead spending 200 years try to highlight my mid tone...
    Jap, usually my standard procedure but I went away from that a bit over some of my last projects. Especially with light blues it can be horror to glaze em up into highlights. It's a dance on a knife's edge since lightblue with white tends to get chalky.
    But as BAM said already, you are not alone ^^ It might be demoralizing to "fail" or not get the desired result but in the end that's what learning is Fail, analyse the mistakes, don't repeat em

If you really don't like the result I would just "re-prime" her. With that large scale it really takes a lot to smear details. So I think you could easily spray a new primer coat over the paint and start again in the future.

Thanks guys, very kind of you! I already ordered a new copy for the future but in the meantime I should get started on Seraphim the Hunter.

As previos mentioned it's a awesome painted mini but You need to be satisfied, so go for another one! And restore Your peace of mind! I also had a horrible sunday so yeah, joining in failing