Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: The Bunker

Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    It's a very impressive work, specially as I seen on Insta, with even the face tattooed. An authentic display of tiny doodling tattoo.
    On the other hand, and this is a personal opinion, technique and skill aside, I think that you went a bit too far with the tattoos. Again this is just my opinion, and it does not mean that I do not like the work you did, because I do like it!!
    This kind of doodling sometimes unlocks inner soul knots, because you go and draw freeley over the surface and you enter/connect to special state of mind, I hope that it did that for you!
    This is exactly what I was trying to say on Instagram Joce. Maenas, I am going to need you to post my thoughts for now on please :P. However, I will say after seeing her on a computer screen (much bigger image) vs the phone on instagram, all I can say is HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! The work you poured into her is exquisite and never have I seen this skill level of tattoos on a mini. You should be over the moon with your work on this one bud.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

As an artist I am really please when I get criticized, means I on the right path, it's really exciting!!!

I am happy with my decision to do what I did, this is me and the expression of my feelings, it's what my mind tells me to do when I am totally free.

Aeringunr second draff

Let's just start with this one

Name:  IMG_9814 (2).JPG
Views: 183
Size:  486.2 KB

Each just youvdonoutdoes the one prior!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    As an artist I am really please when I get criticized, means I on the right path, it's really exciting!!!

I am happy with my decision to do what I did, this is me and the expression of my feelings, it's what my mind tells me to do when I am totally free.
    Constructive critique is the name of the game. It helps point out blind spots that we don't see and improve as artists. But is completely subjective; like you say, you're happy with the direction you took and it led to the outstanding bust you've painted above.

Basically mate, you're awesome.
    error 404: signature not found

Thanks a lot guys!

Criticism makes me think a lot, sometimes even fuel more passions. I don't know what I will do next but I know it will be a bust again.

Alright! Aeringunr is finished and on P&P

https://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/17807

Name:  IMG_9814 (2).jpg
Views: 168
Size:  653.7 KB

Name:  IMG_9763.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  531.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9768.jpg
Size:  611.8 KB

Name:  IMG_9772.jpg
Size:  598.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9784.jpg
Size:  646.0 KB

Name:  IMG_9789.jpg
Size:  555.5 KB

Name:  IMG_9794.jpg
Size:  566.5 KB

Name:  IMG_9799.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  634.8 KB

Name:  IMG_9804.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  544.3 KB

Name:  IMG_9809 (3).jpg
Views: 163
Size:  658.5 KB

Name:  IMG_9809 (2).jpg
Size:  735.1 KB

Outstanding work Joce, she’s wonderful... and yes, those gems are ‘off the hook’

Though each piece is different, they all have your touch. Super tiny freehand? Check. TMM wizardry? Check. Nice job!

Thanks a lot guys!

@CC, for the blue gem it's my own toughfuly making as for the green gems I discovered the technique by accident!!! I will do a SBS eventually. Oh yeah and a nice coat of gloss varnish also really help to bring that glass effect.

@Toad, Hey bro!!! Long time no see!!! Thanks for the praise man, happy your back with us bunch of crazy mini maniacs!

Again great job Joce - what I really wanted to point out is the freehand a ruallylooks like tattoos under her skin and not just drawn on!!! Very tough effect to get but where dealing with a pro here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Again great job Joce - what I really wanted to point out is the freehand a ruallylooks like tattoos under her skin and not just drawn on!!! Very tough effect to get but where dealing with a pro here!!!
    Thanks bro !You just need the right paint consistency No need to be a pro, to do the tinny drawing yes you need to be a pro!

wow, the finnished piece looks fantastic. I love how the liens of the tattoo seem to enhance the shading and tones in the flesh. makes it looks really interesting from afar as well as close. those jems are amazing. great stuff.

looking forward to see what you do with this next one
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    .../this is me and the expression of my feelings, it's what my mind tells me to do when I am totally free.
    This is perfect! Love that you can get to that point. Really happy for you mate
    Looking forward your next work with this much more "organic" bust, really intrigued to see what you have thought!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Thanks guys@

She won't be next finally, I changed my mind the cast sucks.

Waiting on Dumah bust to arrive, in the meantime painting pause mid year.

Some crazy metals are expected on Dumah.

Oh dam Joce, I must admit I am LOVING every minute of tou doing these busts. Can't wait to see what direction you take this one.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

I do not like the tattoo patterns, to me they do not look like tattoos someone would get - they are too messy and look just like squiggly lines.

The painting is still awesome, everything else is really well done. Its just the tattoos themselves that don't work for me.

Painting pause ???? What is this thing you speak of your tempo has been that of a raging inferno lately and have been pumping out some really awesome stuff lately!!! Fair enough if you need a little rest though...
    i was wondering the other day, what ever happened to those stick men you were going to do?

[QUOTE=Chaotic Creations;863692 what ever happened to those stick men you were going to do?[/QUOTE]

That and the Farseer = abandon projects.

@Alex, thanks man!

Haha figured as much... I’m accumulating a rather large collection of abandoned pieces it’s a shame your not doing that imp though, I think you could do something quite cool with that