Hello everyone,

So, I think it's time to get feedback and advice from those of you who are willing to help me improve, so here's my WIP thread.

To give you some context:

I'm a french, 38 years old, a guy who painted (and played, but especially painted) miniatures of Game Workshop when I was 15-20 years old, but life goes on and things change ...
Until recently, after almost 2 decades, I started to feel the need to paint mini again, so I go back to the paint station ...

About what I like to work on:

I enjoy painting minis and my goal is really to improve myself to approach the level of some talented members of this community. The goal is High and the road will be long, but some of the pieces I've seen in the gallery or in most WIP threads so far are really inspiring ...

But most of all, I really try (and enjoy a lot) to work on the base too, in order to tell a kind of story if you know what I mean ...

But enough said, let me show you what I've done so far:

First of all, here are some spacemarines and a genestealer that I used as training / warm-up pieces to get my mark because I have not painted anything for a long time ...

This was my first spacemarine after my "long" break...

This one was a little better but way to glossy (I don't know what I did but I didn't use any varnish).

A little smooth on the highlits (yes it missing a shoulder pad, I need to re-do it).

This one I was happy with the result (no on the base though).

Then I started feeling more comfortable so I decided to give it a try for a mini on a proper basis, and here is:

I stop here for tonight, I have over projects I'm currently working on for whch I'd like to have some feedback and advices but I don't want to write a novel so... I'll keep it for the next time.

Let me know what you guys think so far, what abvious issues I have to work on etc...