Dexter0015's WIP log - Page 31
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Dexter0015's WIP log

Wow that’s a marvelous idea!!!! Live that wraith !!!!

Thanks for the feedbacks guys.

I finished the first paint pass on the diorama (except for the ramping vine which only recieved a base color).

Next I'll start to add some vegetation to it.

In the mean time, I'm still working on the wraithguards and the spears.

I made several test prints for the spears... to figure out the correct size.

It's not as easy as I though initially and I had to change the design several times, mainly because this is a really thin piece.

Anyway, here is a picture of the various versions of the spear head and I plane to print test the two last versions on the right today (whish me luck).

The 3 guards are on there way too.

The second one will hold his spear with both hands while the last one will hold it straight on the ground.

Man, this is looking excellent!
    Love the colors you started slapping onto the main base.

Those spear prints look awfully finnicky. Have you considered only printing out the blade and pommel parts, and using styrene rod (or some substitute thin rod) as the shaft?
    It will require more assembly, but you might end up with straighter and (more importantly) sturdier weapons.

This is obviously a level up project/ no doubts about that.

Not to take away from your painting skills, but your basing just keeps getting better and better! Love it!

Thank you guys.

@ekipage: don't worry, I know I'm more comfortable building dioramas or bases than painting.
    In fact it is something I need to work on as I clearly postpon on painting by building more dioramas...

@gorb: you're totally right. I planned to use brass tube as shaft.
    But printing the full spear was my solution to figure out the right size.

Inititally I tried to model the whole thing at size in blender, but once the model is imported in chitubox, it seems that it has no effect at all, taht or I messed up or don't get with the measurments between the two softs...

Anyway, now that I finally managed to produce a print at the correct size, I can move on and finish the build for the guards.

They are almost done:

Sorry for the double post, system didn't let me post all in one...

In the mean time I made some progress on the diorama too:

Looking sweet. Your bases are major eye candy and adding the minis to create the diorama is just icing on the cake.

Awesome Dexter! Your green thumb is doing its magic, the piece looks great!

Nice additions to the Eldar figures. Know what you mean, I would rather paint then build dioramic bases (which I really need to do more of)