Dexter0015's WIP log - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Dexter0015's WIP log

Some progresses on the bust, mainly the jewerls.
    Once this part and the face is done, it will be time to paint some tatoos...

On the diorama side now:

I worked on a new "used" version for the pennant:

The path to the bridge was transform to not contain only grass, but rather old remains of a pavement road, where nature retake it's right.
    To do so I cut some pavement pieces from an old test I've made early one for the bridge using milliput.

It's not finished yet, but it's already an improvement.

And finally, I start having doubt about if there is enough remains of the bridge, so I'm in the process of adding some debries to the scene.

What do you guys think of that? Is it a good idea?

The changes you’ve made to the diorama are improvements. The road really helps a lot. As far as the debris, I think you should add even more, particularly where a bridge strut would be on the far side of the stream. Given how high the bridge is, the far side would certainly require some artificial elevation to connect with the road. Keep up the good work!

Adding debries is a good idea indeed, it brings more character to your diorama. The piece on the sideline seems to be a bit far away from the bridge, in my opinion (it depends on how the bridge has been destroyed, though).

I like the changes: the aged flag looks great. The chunks of bridge lying in the stream bed below definitely make it more realistic.

The only think I would add would be to make the chunks seem half-buried in the silt, since it looks to me like the bridge broke a long time ago (looking at the moss and vines growing over it), and surely the stream would have flooded a couple of times in the meantime? That would make the silt that washes down the stream partly flow around and maybe cover some of the chunks.

Thanks guys!

@SaintToad: It was my initial idea, but, at some point I decided it would give the impression a a too small bridge. But in the end, it's missing I think.

@Kalifa: you're right. I initially pictured that the block would have been carried away by the stream, but on a second thought, I would have required a pretty strong stream to do so.
    In the end I figured it would be better to concentrate the debries under the original position of the bridge. After all, It just collapse and wasn't destroyed by a cannon or something.

@gorb: that's an excellent idea! Why didn't I thought about it earlier? It's gonna be some kind of a challenge though as the rest of the dio is already painted, but I up to it!

In fact I already started working on it. I will post some pictures in a couple of days.

If anybody have others ideas, do not hesitate to leave a comment.

This will be my last update this year as i'm visiting my familly during the holidays and won't be able to paint obviously.

Things comming along slowly but still I made some progress:

THe first ogre is almost done. I still will add some weathering right before pinning it on the diorama, but it will be one of the last steps on this project and I still have some work to do on the diorama.

Anyway I started working on the second one. I hope this one will be quicker to finish.

On the dio side now, I added a bounch of debries and it looks more realistic than previously thanks again for the advice guys!

Here is some pics of the result so far:

And I started to work on the 28mm archer too (and manage to break the bow again...).
    Really early stage though:

For the tree I want to add on the base, I would like to try to make a birch. We'll see how it goes...

That's all for me for now, I wish you all some happy holidays!

That dio base is looking amazing! All those extras you added to it really take it to a whole other level! The mostly finished ogre is looking sharp. As for breaking stuff multiple times, totally feel your pain I broke the sword off one of my figures about 3 or 4 times already
    Have a happy holidays!

The base looks awesome! Love the moss you added to the collapsed rubble at the bottom.
    And the finished ogre looks great!
    Good luck with that sword...

waw, this diorama is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it with all the characters in action. Good luck for the archer! Btw, paint skin tones first won't get you in trouble to paint the backside of the cloak ?

Base is looking great! Keep it up!
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

What a monster project and damn is it coming along nicely!! This things gonna be epic when you’re done

Oh wow, your bridges diorama looks fantastic. It looked great before, but it looks much more realistic now and the composition of the elements is more interesting. Really tells a story now.
    Can’t wait to see the birch tree on the base!

Aimething out of how honorguards page!!!

Thank you guys!

Happy new year to everyone!

Second orgre done!

One to go.

Super cool. The weathered metal looks great, as does his cloak and the skulls!

Some progress on the archer:

I'm still thinking about how I will build the birch though...

Good progress
    On toadchapel site theres a small tutorial on how I made a birch tree, obviously you can tweak the style to suit your base.

https://toadchapel.com/2019/07/14/ma...ure-wire-tree/

Name:  glamour-shot-1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  344.2 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Good progress
    On toadchapel site theres a small tutorial on how I made a birch tree, obviously you can tweak the style to suit your base.

https://toadchapel.com/2019/07/14/ma...ure-wire-tree/
    Thanks! It will definitively help!

The tree structure is done and seems to want to hold in position on the base without having to pine/glue it, which is good.
    Now I have to add the texture to it and try to keep the root not too thick...

(sorry for the blurry photos)

Great job on the wire tree! Now get some texture and paint on that and let's see this done all up! It will be a great addition to that base