Dexter0015's WIP log - Page 30
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Dexter0015's WIP log

Thank you BAM.

As I said before, priming the whole diorama in black was just a control step at this point.
    In fact, it help me with the next steps as I don't get distracted by the multipications of colors and textures.
    It help me focus on the task in hand and also clear the reading.

Like for the ramping vine:

I'm not entirely sure yet how I will attach the last part of the vine to the rest, I think it's gonna be a true challenge...
    Any idea is more than welcome.

I'm really enjoying to watch your projects growing! Awesome work Dex!

This is already kicking arse, watching with great interest. Where the figure from? Is he a 3D print? He looks to good to be a GW mini

Thank you guys, I'm glad you like it.
    I sure do enjoy working on it.

@Darthmarsh: yes it is a GW mini, two actually.
    The head is from the Eldar's Farseer, and the body is from Alarith Stonemage.
    I have to admit I'm usually not a huge fan of GW miniatures, but the Lumineth Realm-lords are among the best sculpts they have produced since a long time imho.

A word of advice: be carefull with vegation guys, if don't pay attention, and this things keep growing and growing...

I don’t know where you dream this stuff up but you have an incredible amount of creativity !!! It’s very aesthetically pleasing!!!

Man this whole idea is so cool. And the fact it's all coming out how you imagined is great to see. Love the guardian being consumed by the vines, great little detail

This is exiting!! You never stop to amaze me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    @Darthmarsh: yes it is a GW mini, two actually.
    The head is from the Eldar's Farseer, and the body is from Alarith Stonemage.
    I have to admit I'm usually not a huge fan of GW miniatures, but the Lumineth Realm-lords are among the best sculpts they have produced since a long time imho.
    Lumineth Realm-lords is that the cow elves? I must admit I’ve not really had a good look if I’m honest. What you’re doing with them is excellent though and the body suits the Farseer perfectly

Great addition of the vine to the base! Loving this, keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmarsh View Post
    Lumineth Realm-lords is that the cow elves? I must admit I’ve not really had a good look if I’m honest. What you’re doing with them is excellent though and the body suits the Farseer perfectly
    Thanks, but I have to be honest here, I just stole the idea from someone else because I found it sooooo cooool:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldar/comme...for_my_ynnari/

Absolutely brilliant so far man! This is a super cool project! Can't wait to see how it turns out :-)

Great work! And it is looking really huge. What size is it? 50cm x 50cm?

Blog Entries

Strong storytelling element to this one already. Eager to see what you’ll create from this!

Thanks SaintToad, I'm glad it catch your interest.

Painting is still on the way.

In the mean time, I finally recieved my order from GW (it took roughly a month and a half to arrived: thank you brexit!).
    Anyway, I can, at least, start to work on the wraithguards.

Since they are the personal guard of the prophet, i want them to look different from the averages ones.
    And I want them to have spears.

I found some really good inspiration on the internet (as always), and start modelizing my own one.
    It has been a long time since I've had open Blender so I nneded to refresh my memory but I have a lot of fun doing it.

This is a really early WIP and I'll certainly have to reduce the length of the blade but I like how it looks so far.

Dexter, this looks epic man. I don't care that you got inspiration from some other builds out there, you are making it your own.

The modelling you are doing in Blender looks fantastic. I'd love to try that, and get myself a 3d printer to play with...

Oh wow, that dio is looking great and you only have a few layers of paint on it