CyAniDe's WIPs - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CyAniDe's WIPs

Seems like a pro-painter returned to the table.
    Your work in progress pieces are looking very good!
    Looks like you can compete with BaM!

That is some incredible work CyAniDe!

Thanks guys, glad you like it

Nice work you are putting out. I really like your dark NMM. Gives the figure a real sense of atmosphere.

Great work, loving the nmm your producing. Keep it up

Slowly but steady. Most gold parts on the armor are finished soon. Started to sketch some Highlights on the helmet. But already made a mistake
    I should have painted the mace before putting him together and filling out the gaps on the left shoulder plate -.- Was to eager to pull the gold through :/
    Now I'll have a hard time painting the mace handle that's covered by the cloak ... But who gives, hard to see anyway and in total shadow. Doesn't have to be worked out 100%

I think it’s a really good job here. Your technique is good bud. If I may and I’m sure your not finished . The zenithal light source is easily picked up on this model. Great work on that. As far as it’s readability somewhere in that midsection and the lower legs the shadows take over and all seems to mesh together. This point is easily seen from a B&W photo. Maybe stronger edging to delineate the borders and shapes.again this is just a thought and your probably not totally finished yet so disregard this if that’s the case bud .This happens very often when mixing the two advanced techniques of NMM along with zenithal lighting .Name:  FFF04006-CD20-454F-914B-9C2671E54DF3.jpeg
Views: 206
Size:  95.5 KBbanging work either way.
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 11-23-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks for the tip with the B&W photo. Never thought about that ^^

Yes the middle and especially the minis left side ist pretty dark. I started the mini by painting the face. The left side was pretty hard to hide with all that stuff in the way so I decided to try paint the light from 2 directions. For the main light I chose the front right side of the mini and a second light from behind left. I then just started painting along ^^
    When I painted the left leg I realized that it was in complete shadow (at least from my chosen lights perspective, when I looked at the mini from my lights angle I couldn't see the left leg and most of the middle part. So I left it pretty dark. But you are right the details and shapes don't pop out as sharp as I'ld want to. So it was probably a bit too much shadow.
    Was thinking about a third light but wasn't quite sure how to do it lol^^

So
    Maybe stronger edging to delineate the borders and shapes.
    seems like a very good idea. I already added some edge lines on the gold ornaments on the legs but the little apron and the chainmail underneath that are nearly undistinguishable.

Thanks a lot for the feedback/critique and for adding the edited photo. Really helps a lot to adjust the whole thing

Yeah honestly it’s some of the best technical painting . It truly is. There is a fellow out there I’m sure we all are familiar jeremie teboule . I believe when he is doing a zenithal with nmm he’ll use a”general light source” as well only on the pieces that need an extra boost. Yes two diff light sources. Aka edging everywhere.
    Again great technique .a ton of a job CY.

And on we go.

Still fighting through the NMM parts ... there are still lots of parts -.- ^^

Also painted the bone parts on the armor and backpack. Further I changed the color of the eye he has on his forehead (doesn't really come through on the photos -.-) to blue. The mace draw the focus away from the face but with the blue eye it returned to the head.
    Haven't yet changed the middle part but I have it in mind. I will have a look at it once the mini is nearly finished and will try to adjust the lights then.

I also started a secon mini yesterday. Another Raging Hero ^^
    -> it's all Sigmar3's fault ... http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...3-s-WIP/page16 made me envious xD

Lot of mistakes were made on this one so far. First I primed it using black/white priming. Instandly regretted it
    After painting the skirt and some flesh parts it took 2 hours of "repriming" and darklining with black.

On the skirt and flesh I tried the new Scale 75 Fantasy and Games paints I just recieved the day. But I was a bit disappointed. They are in fact thinner then the regular Scale 75 paints but they are super thin. Compareable to Vallejo Model Air paints and they have really weak coverage -.- .
    Tried to follow their paint instruction for the blue skirt -> layering/glazing but wasn't happy with the results. The dark base color took 3 layers. The lighter colors on the other hand needed more thinning for glazing -> first glazes covered more then expected and it turned out patchy. Tried wetblending then because glazing takes ages and I kinda hate it ^^
    But for the way I wetblend the color was to thin even straight from the bottle. It just smeared over the surface and didn't stick where I wanted it to.
    Repeated with VMC -> was much better (but I'm used to these)

But in the end I used Oil paints ^^ Wetblending such surfaces with oils is just pure joy. The photos were taken after 24h drying time and an airbrush coat of semi matte varnish. Kinda kills the luster of the oil paints but has to be since they are really, really glossy.

Looking good buddy. Shame to hear about the scale75 paints, but you’ve done a good job with the oils.

Quick update on the dark elv.

Didn't give up on the Scale paints and used them on the Face and for the NMM parts. Glazing on the face went well. Low coverage and viskosity haven't been a problem while glazing ^^
    They also worked well on the NMM arts using loaded brush.
    Already found some tones I quite like, such as Mayhem Red, Huldra Blue and Despair Green. The black is quite nice as well since it flows pretty well. Although it tends to be a bit shiny.

I cannot criticize anything, lady is extremely beautiful.
    I especially love the skin tones.

Thanks both of you

I'm quite happy with her too. I'm almost surprised how "fast" the progress goes on this one. I don't know what it is, since there're a lot of very fine details everywhere but it goes much faster as the Warhammer Minis I usually paint.

The blue tones on the metals compliment the pale skin. Very nice.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Hey she's looking great so far, plus I don't mind being blamed for things if it means we see more cool looking miniatures around here haha. Can't wait to see more progress

What can I say now that’s beutiful .

Nice painting love the color choices.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Very nice job on this one so far!