CyAniDe's WIPs - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: CyAniDe's WIPs

Your WIP just made me burn my tortilla. Not sure if that sums it up or not but damn dude amazing work.

Thanks all for the nice comments

Two weeks already passed again ... but I found a couple hours to paint the last days.
    Of course I couldn't resist the Black Fortress box -.-
    "You already have a mountain of unpainted minis !!!"
    " Yaeouaoh BUUUUUUUUUT not that one, LOOK! The trader looks super cool, and the robot and the Chaos Guys -> omg must buy"

So I started the trader:

Tried some textures on the trousers but I think they are to small and not bright enough to pop out.
    Not a great fun of these "Easy to Build" models though. It's hard to paint parts seperate because you can't assemble them afterwards. The arms for example are one piece that sticks inside the two body halves. If you wanted to paint them seperately you can't stick together the body either. But if you paint it all before assembly you'll end up with gaps that need filling -.-
    I don't really get the point with "Easy to Build". You still need a sidecutter to cut the pieces from the sprew. You still need a knife/files to remove seam lines and putty to fill gaps. The only thing you don't need is glue ... wow. -> Glued mine anyways because it melts parts together and after sanding you won't see any seperation lines.
    So you get the disadvantage that spots are harder to reach while painting for the "advantage" that you don't must have glue... (Plastic glue is around 3-5 bucks and lasts an eternity)

But still like the design of the models. I haven't seen them before so I think they designed them for the box and I like that idea.

Hope you like him
    If you have any suggestions, criticism feel free to comment

Extraordinaire !!!!

No that is a right proper 41st millennium dandy! You should have sculpted a tiny tea cup to put in his had with that out-stretched pinky finger

The steel color of sword looks awesome.
    Mayme I shall also try it next time.
    This is my gallery
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/codenamezero

Really thx for your votes&comments!

And this is my WIP
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...410-Zero-s-WIP

Whoa, nice, clean, beautiful work!

I especially love the contrast and smooth transitions on your NMM.

BUT: could you please make your photos lighter? It is more difficult to see (and appreciate ) them with so much black background.

I really like the dark & moody atmosphere you’ve got going there.

Superb painting, absolutely the best version of this figure I have seen!

I have the same problem with buying new figures while I have hundreds I'm already in "love" with, but don't know when I'm going to paint them? Ask my doc, but there's not a cure for it yet. Yeah, those "easy to assemble" is just a trick to make youngsters buy them, trying to make them believe figure painting is easy. as if!

Keep up the great work,

Gino(2dope)

Nice paintjob on the trader; and I hear you about the "easy to build" stuff.
    In general I do the same, using glue anyways to melt pieces together.
    Honestly the "easy to build" should be replaced by "hardly to convert" ;-)

Thanks for all the nice replies

Here is a short update. Had some free time today so I continued a bit. Got the white background this time Although the NMM contrasts a bit better in front of the dark background :/

Painted the inner side of the sword handle, at least the spots I could reach -.- ^^
    Also painted the cigarette (Lho-stick I guess they're called in 40K). Hope the smoke works. Tried to watch my own as reference but it wouldn't stand still xD
    At last I was working a bit further on the fur but I'm still not quite happy with it. Still looks a bit booring :/ It needs a bit more boom/bam/buff

This keeps getting better and better.

What an influence a background can have when it comes to atmosphere. The black, which I personally prefer, gives it a more sinister and mysterious look, but the white background makes it kind of clearer to appreciate all the details.

May you can give the fur another extreem highlight, but only on the very top on the shoulders and in his neck. I also think that outlining each scale might give it more defentition and make it easier to read. Just my 2 cents though, which I hope are helpful.

Greetings,

Gino(2dope)

I also think that outlining each scale might give it more defentition and make it easier to read.
    Exactly what I hoped to avoid lol xD
    But well, if that is what is needed ... work work work -.-

Great job on this guy. I like the colors you have on the leather boots. It's something I'm trying to do right now and I just can't seem to get it right. Mine just looks like generic highlighted brown gunk

Che Bella !!!!!! How beutuful I like both backgrounds -what can I say I’m an equal opportunity employer

Overall beautiful, but I am not sold on the smoke. It is coming across more as hair to me. I am guessing there is too much dark shadow for cigarette smoke in my mind.

Name:  1D608EE6-61FF-40DB-971D-661A9067DF73.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  159.7 KB

Yeah that sword gave me a boner right away. Absolutely amazing job! Your models make it look like i painted mine with a wire brush. Just fantastic!

Thanks for the bright background, my old eyes are relieved.

Excellent everything, color choince, metallics, cloths!

Did you consider adding color variations to the mini?

E.g. some blue/green/purple glaze to the darkest parts of the gold, very dark red glaze to the folds on the cloth. Do not do it just for me, but my next goal after learning the Ben Komets style painting is adding color variations.

Wow over a month already, time goes by fast ^^

Over easter holidays I found some time to paint again

Couldn't resist to get myself Severina Raine. The same old lame trick worked again on me -> LIMITED !!! - o.O
    But I liked the model and had a lot of fun painting it so far. She could have looked "girlier" for my taste though ...

Kit quality was okay, some seamlines gave me a bit of headache but in the end assembly went well. Only had to fill one gap on her back. When drilling the holes through the muzzle the resin cracked, so hid the mistake by adding a muzzle flash

Here is the result so far. Nearly finished, sword sheath and medal are missing.

Sadly her whole face is hidden under the peaked cap. Painting the eyes was super crazy but in the end they're not visible at all -.-
    Last edited by CyAniDe; 04-25-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Wow, amazing work CyAniDe! The red on the jacket looks so rich and velvety.
    Good call on the muzzle flash, I thought it was part of the sculpt

Again, you do so well on showing the different textures, for example the shiny black boots vs the matte black pants.
    It's a shame we can't see her eyes, I imagine they would be striking.

About the only critique I can give is that the reflections on the sword seem a little to homogenous.
    I would imagine that the reflections would be more randomly spaced and sized.
    But they look amazing, very well blended!

Thx gorb

About the only critique I can give is that the reflections on the sword seem a little to homogenous.
    I would imagine that the reflections would be more randomly spaced and sized.
    Yep yep, knew something was wrong with the sword but youldn't really tell what it is^^ Thanks for the feedback!
    I'm not having a feeling yet for these bounce lights. But I already reworked them The "back" of the sword I reprimed and started all over and on the blade I added an additional "bounce". The blade looks much better now, although with the back I'm not 100% happy still -.-