CyAniDe's WIPs - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: CyAniDe's WIPs

This is phenomenol!!!

Some fantastic high contrast painting on this, the dark photo bakcground sets it of brilliantly, lovely work.

Thank you all guys

Here the pics of the finished mini. I reworked the Sword NMM a bit. Added a another small "bounce light" on the side if the blade and reworked the back. Think it looks better now. Also added a small light to the right corner of the cap. Was a fun mini and rather fast to paint

Vote link: http://www.coolminiornot.com/437434
    Last edited by CyAniDe; 04-30-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Also staqrted a new WIP yesterday

Really got hyped to paint a genestealer. Luckily I got myself the Killteam starter box a while ago ^^

Want to try some new stuff on this one. Started with the head and the white collar. Didn't paint white that often so I gave it a try again. This time I could resist the temptation to get the airbrush out xD
    It took a while but after countless layers the white got smooth enough. Material wise I thought it should be some form of plastic so quite reflective but not as much as metal.

Model has a crazy amount of detail. Love that on the one hand but also kinda burns me out while painting.
    Base was ripped off of a space marine. One of the "Booster" smerfs where you don't know what you get ^^ Carefully sliced off the foot-tip that was molded on the base and glued it to the poor marine.
    Really like the new modeled bases from GW

On the head I tried to give him that alien look by adding veins and purples glazes using Scale75 inktensity purple and oh boy it is really intense^^
    Quite happy with the look so far

Like I said before, Severina looks amazing, great job! The GSC is shaping up nicely, honestly it looks cool the way you have it already, just do some greys to make it look like specific lighting, but I think this is going to be very nice when it is completed.

Voted! Maybe you should think about
    a lighter background, once you’re doing
    photographies. The pictures are very dark
    and some details might be better visible
    with more light.

Thanks for all the kind comments

Painted the neophyte a bit further. Though nut to crack :/

Ran myself into some trouble with the white collar. Choosing a cold white maybe wasn't very smart. Since it's pretty bright it's hard to make the metals work. They need more "pop" to work so I tried a really high polished chrome like metal.
    But also no idea what colors to use for the rest of the mini. But pling pling up the metals will probably keep me busy for a while.

Also tried to paint some glass filled with some green poison stuff. Hope the effekt works but it kinda looses attention next to the chrome.

Also hard to take photos so I used 2 backgrounds and all the lamps I have ^^

Much better with the lighter background.
    Adding more visibility for your great work.

Great start on this, white backdrop works better for mid progress shots I think, but the black backdrops are usually way more impactful for finished shots and really emphasise the mood and contrast.

Looking awesome so far. The chrome effect is great.

A wonderful start -YIELDS AN INCREDIBLE FINISH!!!

Nice. I really like that cool white look on the collar.

Agreed white background accents this wonderful model.

Thanks for all the kind words

Continued a bit yesterday. Added some suttle scratches to the white plastic armor and some "freehands". The stripes went quite well (Yeeee I can paint a line ^^) then I got overconfident and tried the Genestealer symbol on the other shoulder ...
    Went a bit to small and out of proportion ... also had to fight my paints sincee they dried in the brushtip in nearly a second and didn't flow well. With to thin/much paint it flew uncontrolled and I didn't get sharp lines.
    But I'll leave it as it is ... more practice needed so I try to do some more in future projects.

Not happy with the gloves yet and I think I'll change the color to more leather brown.

Still a lot of work to do. Details on the model are crazy for a regular guy. But I really like it

holy shitballs that is amazing.

I agree with alexz3, awesome work! The contrast you achieve is amazing. AND you get all these little scratches and details in on top of that.
    The genestealer symbol looks good to me, although I share your frustration when trying to paint freehand with paint that dries too quick

Ultra crisp damage on the armor. Really impressive!