CyAniDe's WIPs - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: CyAniDe's WIPs

Love love love it...you know my feelings.

Magnificent painting, you've created a suitable creepy feel for this figure which is just what I love. If I had to choose between this figure or one painted by BAM, I wouldn't know which one to pick. Both have your very unique painting style, but I can't say which one I prefer. Inspirational painting.

Gino(2dope)

Wow, thank you guys for all the positive feedback. Really helps keeping motivation up

Hope I'll find some time to continue today.

Wow, your GSC is looking amazing! Great work on him so far.

Some weekend updates. Continued on the genestealer. Really havin a hard time choosing colors for the rest of the mini. Went for an olive green on his trousers but I'm not quite happy with the result. Toned it down already a lot with black and brown/black glazes but it still draws a lot of attention I think. What do you think ?

Also continued on the dark elves sorceress. It was sitting on my desk the whole time crying for paint so sunday I continued with the NMM on the legs. The leg in the back was pretty hard to reach. I also added a few glazes to the skins shadows to cool it down a bit.

Will have to change the skin over left eyebrow. Although it's in shadow (since the eyebrow is sculpted quite prominently) it is to dark and meks the eyebrow look even broader. -> Magnification on photos is unforgiving xD
    Really turned down by her cloak atm. Needs more contrast -.-
    Also have to figure out how to tackle her hair. It should have contrast and strong lights (like hair in promo pics does) but it shouldn't look like NMM ^^

Really loving the shading you‘ve done on the sorceress‘ skin.

Great work on both of those, the sorceress looks amazing already! Could it be that the green pants are kind of clashing with the light bluish-grey you have for the armor bits, maybe do the pants in a more orangey-brown? But I think they actually look pretty good with the green as is

wow that sorceress skin looks amazing. I wish i could paint skin 1/2 as good as you!
    really amazing work Cy.

tee

Really exceptional work matey. I loôve that sorcerous.

I think both models look fantastic!

For the genestealer, how about instead of suppressing the pants, maybe boost the goggles or cheeks? It's the only thing I can think of
    The sorceress is awesome. To differentiate the hair from the nmm, how about using a different color highlight, like more neutral grey->white instead of the bluish tint? Again, the only thing I can think of, since my goal is to perhaps one day be able to paint like this!

like both figures, great color choices on them. Now i want to repaint my genestealer cults in new color scheme

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Man, I really admire the contrast you create with your work. They are so sharp and detailed. Things read really well. What's your secret? What's your process?