CyAniDe's WIPs - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: CyAniDe's WIPs

Nice pictures and explanations, oils are really nice to work with but very diffrentt bhaviour then acrylics. Keep up the good work.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

This is really coming together. The colors are lusciously vibrant and you have some nice contrasts going. Lovely mini.

Wow so much time passed already.

But the good news is I was able to paint a bit the last couple days \o/.

Although I started something new again ^^

With all the great zarbag interpretations I saw here I got super excited to paint that mini myself .. and guess what, here he comes

It's nearly finished and was a lot of fun so far. I tried a lot on that mini. From OSL to some little freehands (I'm a complete freehand newbi ^^ ).
    With the ballon I couldn't resist. The first time I saw the mini with that ferry I had that childhood trauma flashbacks (those who had a N64 back in the days probably know what it's refering to ^^ ).

Sadly I missed to take pictures in earlier WIP stages. The mini itself is finished and I'm currently working on the base.
    Thanks for all the great inspirations !
    Hope you like him, I really had alot of fun painting it.

Lololo hey listen that’s a beutiful paintjob lol

Very cool. Love the yellow on the hood! Bubble is classic haha.

Great job on Zarbag. Really like the tartan you did on part of his clothes and the blues and purples you worked into his robes.

Big one coming up

Started on the Briar Queen. After airbrushing the large ghostly thing and her headscarf I continued the details with brush. Tried a little OSL in the eyed and mouth. There is not a lot see of the red armor in that foward leaning pose. The roses are still missing and I'm not quite certain how to approach it. I want them to look withered. So probably the roses will be some kind of blackish red. For the rank thing itself I have no real idea. I want to avoid green. Maybe a cold brown :/

Another idea might be something ghostly for the rose. Like the cape.

After browsing SkelettetS WIP thread and seeing his fantastic work on shining blue Space Marine / and Sigmarine armor I wanted to create that effect myself.
    -> http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tS-wip/page228

The first attempt is to embarrassing to show -.- ^^

The second was with oil colors on a space marine:

But a lot of mistakes still made. The highlight and midtone areas are too large, not enough contrast, lights are too blurred and on the wrong spots -.-

Third and forth try on the Sigmarine.

The left leg was again with oils. The ultramarine blue ist very transparent so it didn't cover well on black primer. Therefore I sprayed white paint over the black before I started painting 8)
    But Oils didn't lead to the disred effect. Again the highlights got blurred to much and the contrast was to low. Of course I could kept on it but at some point you have to stop and let the paint dry. That takes at least 24h with oils already using a medium that speeds up drying time. To achieve that contrast you would probably have to work with several layers which took me to long :/

So back to acrylics. The result ist the right leg. I'm a bit more pleased with the result. Although I'm not 100% sure if the lights are in correct positions and if the sizes of the zones are in the right proportions. But the Effect starts to work I think.
    A "trick" I might have discovered was using some torquoise for the highlights instead of blue+white. It lets the highlight pop a bit more the just blue.

I'll continue to experiment on this guy before I move to my Nightvault Sigmarines

I also worked a bit on my Raging Hero Sorceress. Something went wrong with the first pic, the skin looks kinda green/yellow :/ but on the second the colors are normal. Tried a new recipie for NMM gold on her leg armor boot thing and crown but I'm not very happy with it :/ Will probably redo it.
    Also started on the staff head but with a gold color I found more suitable for the mini.
    Her hair is in a pretty raw state and I'm not quite happy with the resault so far. It looks a bit messy and I'm still trying to get the right amount of contrast.

That was my weekend so far
    Last edited by CyAniDe; 01-28-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Quite busy weekend so to say :-)
    Looking forward to see your Queen progressing further.

Grat, you did terrific job on these minis! I can use oil paints only for washes I really need to learn that technique.

For the gold I would use some colder yellow, e.g. VMC Japanese Uniform, to distinct it from the warm orange skin. And I do not know what did you use as shade, but it should be far away from simple black, as it definitely greys out the yellow.
    Or looking at the pictures I think you should use some more highlights, golds are a bit dark.

Some really nice work you have going on there, the work on that stormcast is great.
    I really like your progress on Shiveryah, she’s looking wonderful

For the gold I would use some colder yellow, e.g. VMC Japanese Uniform, to distinct it from the warm orange skin.
    Yap that's one of my favorite tones. Used it on the staff already ^^

Loooove it all raging heroes sorcerous is my favs!!!

Everything looks nice but why the pictures so dark? The sorceress is my fav too

Zarbak is awesome, everything there works, looking at this smooth glows is mesmerizing for me.
    Briar Queen i awesome, The head turn out Spectacular!
    The right leg of the sigmarine is awesomely spectacular, this was a great experiment and I need to try it for myself sometime!
    The sorcerer lady looks, You know awesomely spectacular! Great crisp lines for metal, nice soft skin, it works really nice!

And I also think Your pictures needs more brightness

Thanks for all the feedback

Here some pics from the finished Zarbag:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/434588

I'm currently still experimenting on the Sigmarine and the shining armor.
    For pics I'll probably need more light or have to tweak with the cam a bit further.

Great looking Zarbag well done. Planning to do the rest of the crew?

Yes it is planned^^
    But I want to finish some other projects first like the chaos chosen and the sorceress.

Bought a lot of stuff after christmas that is piling up at the moment ^^
    Killteam starter box with Mechanicus vs. Genestealers, Nightvault starter with the Briar queen band and the Sigmarines, Zarbags band, the graveguard band and a box with 3 primaris marines... Probably enough for the next 2 years xD

Excellent job with zarbag mate... I’m looking forward to seeing your take on the rest of the gang. But yes, good idea finishing off some of your ongoing things, something I am terrible at

Well done CY!!!EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT!!!