CyAniDe's WIPs - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CyAniDe's WIPs

The nmm is real nice, something I need to teach myself too,show us some more pics!

As promised here the pictures from the mini's back.

Pictures need a bit more light next time though ...

But I hope you can see what's going on. The gun handles, the copper ring on the big banner cog and the shoes are still to do.
    Hope to finish him next weekend.

I'm a little bit afraid to pull him off the painting holder since the paints and the primer are so damn fragile to touch.
    I'll cover him with a gloss- followed by a matte- or semi matte varnish to protect the paintjob. Hope it won't kill hte colors :/
    I will probably not go ultra matte with the varnish because I like the silky sheen of the blue parts at the moment and I don't want to destroy that completly ^^

Thanks again to all of you for the great encouragement.

This guy looks excellent, great NMM going on.

Fantastic paint job, such nice smooth blends, which has worked reall well on the NMM... all round brilliant figure.

That colour transitions are ultra smooth on this mini looks really great. I hope the varnishes won't kill anything

Here are the final pictures

I haven't varnished him yet. I'll wait with that until I got some more models to spraycoat with varnish.
    For the base I put him on a small wood washer so it's a bit easier to grab it while playing.
    I tried to repeat the green of the lense in the little skull. Hope it doesn't draw away too much attention from the miniature. Of course it's not a triangle but I don't know where I could add taht green again without putting in a second skull ^^ That yould be a bit too much skull for me.

Link for votes is here but it isn't active yet: http://www.coolminiornot.com/424723

Great work on those dwarfs. I love the subtle tones and shifts. Thank you for sharing and showing off your work.
    After 25 years without picking up a brush, one realizes that their eyesight has deteriorated substantially.

Nice one finished model looks great. I shall head over to the voting bit now .....

Lovely work, fyi if it's not a gaming mini and won't be handled a lot then varnish is optional (primer too) they give a more hard wearing paint job for stuff that's going to get touched a lot but if it's just going to sit on a shelf then you can skip them

It's been a long time since I last postet. Didn't paint much during summer but started again back in September/October.

*Blows the dust away*

At the moment I try to paint every day even if it is just a little bit.

I finished two Raging Heroes Minis (loved the military but also kinda sexy look of these) :
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/431089
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/431600

and last week I finished the Base for a mini I painted back in 2017 ^^
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/432023

At the moment I work on this guy:

It's one of the chaos chosen of the 40K Dark Vengeance starter box. Really love the detail on the chaos chosen and right now I'm bidding on the chaos general that was in that box on ebay. I'm a bit sad that GW isn't selling them seperatly and the old starter box is out of production of course. The CSM stuff you can buy in the regular boxes looks pretty old and bulky and I don`t really like it. The CSM that were sold with the Dark Vengeance box looked really cool and evil with all these sharp spikes, fine detail and all the ornaments on the armor. Really love the look and hope that GW will release some new CSM stuff at some time. The new AOS chaos stuff looks pretty cool too so I have hope ^^

Hope you like it, feel free to comment and criticise

Really nice to have you back bud!!! Remember it’s just like riding a bike!!!;-)

Some really brilliant work you have been doing mate... I love the raging heroes minis, sensational!!!

Dark vengeance CSM’s you say... I’ve got most of them I think? (part of an eBay purchase), which I will never paint... if you want them mate your more than welcome to them??? I’ll have a look and get a photo of what I have if you like?

Thanks mates
    Won't have been the last raging heroines. They have some really nice minis with great detail and interesting poses. The only "downside" is that they're fairly small (28mm scale). For the faces I had to use magnification glasses and in the beginning I really had a hard time to get used to them (the brush gets magnified as well^^ ) xD

Dark vengeance CSM’s you say... I’ve got most of them I think? (part of an eBay purchase), which I will never paint... if you want them mate your more than welcome to them??? I’ll have a look and get a photo of what I have if you like?
    Thanks for the offer but I think shipping from autralia to germany won't be that cheap^^ I'm just looking for the general and I think I'll get him on the auction at sunday.
    But should I loose it to a last second bid sniper it's good to know

The painting in short bursts is paying off, very tidy and good contrast
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I am getting really curious about your other works, you really should update your gallery!

Thank you both

you really should update your gallery!
    Yeah well ... the thing is, there isn't that much more to update xD
    I tend to start a lot but then I loose motivation and don't finish it
    So I have tonns over tonns of WIP-state models but just very few finished. The only finished models I have are my very first Mortheim Minis from 2004/2005 (omg I'm getting old -.-) then here and there a few painted tabletop minis from back when I played 40K (but never had a whole painted army -.-)
    Along that time the dark times of eternal WIPs started ^^ I have probably 3-4 minis that are finished from that time. Although there have been years when I didn't paint at all. One of the problems was that I painted super slow because the only technique I knew to create blends was glazing. So it took ages to finish parts and bacause of that I often got to a point where I was afraid to screw up and it wasn't fun at all.
    Real game changer have been the Painting Bhudda Videos with Ben Komets that I watched in 2016. Led me back to use thicker paints, showed new techniques like loaded brush and wetblending and it really increased my speed.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/paintin...able_polymer=1

So the "only" problem left are my hype phases. When I see something new after a break I get super excited and super hyped for painting. At least now I'm able to finish stuff within these hype phases^^ xD
    For example when I got the Warhammer Quest Shadows over Hammerhal box I got suuuuuper hyped, painted the dwarf in 3 weeks and the dark elf. The dark elf took over a month and still needs a base. The hype died out and I have another box with a lot of unpainted plastic ^^
    Then, when I visited a local store to buy a boardgame for a friends birthday I saw the raging heroes minis and got super hyped again
    So I have to prolong or refresh these hyped states ^^ Youtube is contributing a lot to achieve that at the moment. I discovered a lot of awesome new channels I didn't knew before like: Vince Venturella, Kujo Painting, Miniac, Ian E or Sorastro's Painting. Definitely worth checking out!

Nice work on the finished minis. I really like the well painted minis using a dark pallette. To me the minis are a 10, but a 9 over all as the bases only seem partially complete. The bases are organized great, but to me they come across as very monotone and are missing interesting global shading and highlights. Just my two cents as your miniatures are beautiful.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah bases are my nemesis xD
    I the think the biggest mistake is, that I'm painting the minis first and then create a base in a hurryjust to complete the project. Uusally throwing some gravel and gras on it with some pigments^^
    But on my Gimli Mouse (http://www.coolminiornot.com/432023) I tried painting the gras for the first time and worked better then expected. People often told me to paint gras and I always wondered how to do that. I ended up "priming" it with thin black paint, then spraying green with airbrush and stippling on some lighter green with a big brush.

For the chaos guy I already have some ideas for the base. I remember to have some chaos rhino bits left somewhere. It came with a lot of spikes, chains and of course skulls, loads of skulls
    I imagine something like a rocky, barren, dark dessert with puddles of blood and skulls and maybe some of that spike bits.

Here some new pics of the actual state:

Still a lot of gold NMM to do ^^ But it is still fun on all these small details.
    Tried to make the right leg a bit more interesting with a small OSL but I hope it's suttle enough to not draw the focus away from the face. Will probably do the same on the eye lenses of the helmet he's holding.
    I'm not quite sure what to do with the little demon that is growing out of the left shoulder. Will try some desaturated pink or purple but not really sure how it will turn out ^^