Thread: Vallejo Game Color Ink Glossiness

Default Vallejo Game Color Ink Glossiness

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any good tips on how to remove the glossiness from the Vallejo inks. I tried to use Vallejo matt varnish, but that doesn't seem to fix it. Should I purchase something like liquitex matt medium or varnish? Thanks!

Did you try their matt medium ? I did not play with game color much ( I just received couple bottle to test ) , however I have already used that with warcolours ink ( which also tend to have a glossy finish ) and that quite helped.

matt varnish is the answer usually.
    The problem is, that not all varnishes are equal. For example the VGC-Matt varnish is pretty satin, while the VMC/VAC ones are much more matt.
    Also helps if you do multiple coats of them (2 or 3) diluted only a tiny bit to make it flow better (for example for AB) after shaking up the dropper really good.

If you can: Testors Dullcoat or Army Painter Anti-shine are some that really can kill the shine (the AP less than the Testors one).

Matt-medium: in theory it should also help, but in my experience with the Vallejo one: doesn't help. Then again other brands might do it correctly.
    Forgot, that it works again.