Stainless Steel Agitator

Thread: Stainless Steel Agitator

Default Stainless Steel Agitator

Hi, I have been using stainless steel agitators for 6 months in my paint bottles, but now am reading that some people have had them rust in the bottles. I was wondering if anyone has used them for a prolonged period of time and have no rust issues? And if anyone has any tips on how to remove them from the bottles that would be very appreciated. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by allergies View Post
    Hi, I have been using stainless steel agitators for 6 months in my paint bottles, but now am reading that some people have had them rust in the bottles. I was wondering if anyone has used them for a prolonged period of time and have no rust issues? And if anyone has any tips on how to remove them from the bottles that would be very appreciated. Thank you!
    If they are stainless steel they shouldn't rust. My guess is that those seeing rusting are using simple carbon steel balls which are more readily available. Some folks use ceramic balls to ensure the material is inert. If they are in dropper bottles, your only option would be to dump the paint through a strainer or filter to catch the balls.

I bought a vortex mixer to agitate my paint, so don't add agitation balls to any of my bottles.