The mini masses - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The mini masses

Honestly the spot color looks great as it’s a yellow orange and that is complimentary as a color to the blue.if you wanted to take a step further ,not necessary , but if you use your complimentary color and make a harmony triangle example for example if you want a third point of contact for the trims on the shoulder pad you could use that same color on the chest eagle.

Walking in... "coughing"... woo hoo... dusty here.
    AJ, what's up? Stuck with the new job? ;-)

Ey up! Well a quick apology first up, new job has kept me pretty busy and I've not got as much painting in as I was hoping. But saying that, I got a few nice additions over Christmas that I'll post in the next few days for perusal, also I got my birthday at the end if Feb so even more stuff can go into the non-painted pile, woop!

Kick ass job on that space marine... very neat painting!!!

Well that didn't work out! I have actually managed to get a little more consistent painting time recently and have just acquired a shed load of minis to crack on with (thanks to the wife fuelling my addiction!).
    My aim to finish as soon as I can, I fancy a quick and easy base, wash, detail army so flesh eater courts first
    Name:  20190226_170911.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  1.16 MB

Also a quick photo of my chosen scheme for my conquest marines, Mantis warriors

Name:  15512013597877481073696494324821.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  718.6 KB

And first test model of carrion empire coming along
    Name:  20190226_182038.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  757.7 KB

It's going in the direction I wanted, I was going for a monochromatic look with the only true colour on the models being the blood splatter. Happy so far with the blood splatter but I think I need a little more definition on the skin tones

Nice to see you back on track my friend :-)
    Some promising projects are started. Personally I'm looking forward to see more of the flesh eaters. Welcome back!

Cheers man, good to be back! Going to try and blitz out 10 crypt horrors tomorrow, start on something else after for a treat

Well that was a slow few months, nothing like armies on parade to get me back on track! A quick test WIP

Name:  20190827_220840.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  747.1 KB

Welcome back to business :-)
    Nice to see, that we're sharing passion for the gitz!

Yeah I've gone for a challenge, I already got 60 grots painted alongside a spider. Got 30 odd squigs to paint up alongside doing the board. Need to re base the grots but I got an idea for that

Name:  20190903_084442.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  932.8 KB

And a quick WIP of the base level painting of the squig hoppers, 7 mostly done with 3 more to crank out today, then I might treat myself to a troggoth

Name:  20190903_103442.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  1.72 MB

Which kind of troggoth?

The big dankhold troggoth, though I might get my sneaky snufflers painted first, that will be the most tedious because of all the fiddly mushrooms

The dankhold is a big project, enjoy.
    By the way, may I do one remark on your hoppaz. If you got a chance to use some glue to get rid of those connection lines it might improve the overall impression on those minis:

Name:  Unbenannt.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  8.4 KB

Yeah man I hear ya, those connection points were admittedly missed because I realised how much I still needed to do to get this AOP ready. One thing I'll say is the photo makes it look far worse than it is but I might try and lighten up where the wash has darkened it. It's so useful posting photos, other people always see what I can't with the model in front of me!

Name:  20190923_161147.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  857.6 KB
    So many damn mushrooms on this thing

Just pretend you like mushrooms and it should go by much easier! Nice start to the troll, I like that greyish purple

Squig hoppers look great, like that you've done for a different colour than the norm. Nice work