The mini masses - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The mini masses

Walking on fluffy ground
    Nice progress.

Cheers for the comments Graishak and CC, so the deadline for the competition has kind of snuck up on me so although this mini isn't 100% finished I'll be handing in as below tomorrow. I've really enjoyed this little project and I think I have my colour scheme for a pile of Stormcasts I have sitting around. Also have tried a couple new techniques for painting and basing so whatever happens, dead chuffed so far! Cheers for all your support and comments guys, this place is sweet!
    Name:  20180829_221803.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  1.83 MB

Well unsurprisngly the unfinished model didn't win but I really don't mind. There were some pretty sweet entries and as far as I can tell I still came in at number 2, not bad for a test piece amd I had a blast painting it. Even though it's not fully finished yet . . .

. . .Okay next project! So the deadline for armies on parade is set at 13th of October which leaves me just over a month to get an army finished and the board completed. Should be fun, here's what I have now

Name:  20180908_220009.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  1,019.1 KB

A quick photo of my rank and file because why not!
    Name:  20180908_222314.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  1.59 MB

A quick plan of the Sylvaneth portion of the army, just need to add in the Wanderer faction
    Name:  20180908_223121.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  714.4 KB
    Name:  20180908_223109.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  731.6 KB

I like the way you’ve composed the scene. I have a soft spot for the sylvaneth so I’m looking forward to seeing your completed board

oh yeah... seems like we're racing buddy :-)
    So you have as well some work in front of you.
    Looking forward to see how this is progressing.

Jim - Cheers dude, got a few bits to spruce up on the Sylvaneth and a big chunk of models to paint for their allies.

Foxtail - Thanks dude, I've settled on a minor change round by having a raised cliff on the rear right of the board to balance the ruin a little but I'm happy with how it looks so far

Graishak - It's on! I only realised last night how much I still have to paint! I have 16 Glade guard, 10 Eternal guard, 10 Wild riders and a forest dragon I don't even have yet! Not to mention the board . . .

Looks like a great start on the layout/composition. And those bits of wood will work brilliantly.

It's my local GW stores 30th anniversary that weekend as well, which I am unfortunately away for as the manager was trying to rope me into doing one of these. Suspect I would love doing the scenery and then lose the motivation somewhere on the second mini ...

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses! Good luck!

Cheers for popping in Hairster! The board is still just a board as I'm really freakin' behind! I've only just started my first wanderers test model!
    Name:  20180912_223535.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  1.79 MB

Okay starting to get there with a good colour scheme to sit alongside my sylvaneth, what do you guys think?
    Name:  20180914_212400.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  1.60 MB

I like the color scheme - reminds me to outlaw/ranger style of Robin Hood & Friends :-)

Cheers Graishak, I gotta say I kinda found it difficult to pull the wanderers into the sylvaneth army without making the colour scheme look gaudy, I think I've just about managed it but the real test will be when it's finished

You got this- after all if your a trophy freak like myself you’ll set your sights on getting them done to earn those beutifularmies on parade medallion- go git em AJ the paint gods are with yo!!! Btw beitufylpainting on the rangers!!!

Cheers for popping in BaM! Yeah those medallions are my target for sure, that's not to say I'm not enjoying painting these guys, now I've got a colour scheme down I'm really enjoying painting them up.

Any progress on your board to show?

Yeah not so much mate! I'm trying to get through my glade guard for now, one down and fifteen to go, got a better idea of what I'm doing though, will probably start carving the foam tomorrow when I get some better tools (eg a carving knife). For now though
    Name:  20180922_203731.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  511.1 KB
    The area moving from the blocks at the back will be a river, to the right behind the treelord will be the wildwood rangers and on the ruin will be the glade guard. I have an insane amount of work to do dude!

Looking good so far. As you stated... that's a big pile of work in front of you. Do you think it is feasible to effort it until mid of October?
    I'd hardly find sleep at night ;-) Maybe you should shrink scope for AoP this year?

Yeah in all seriousness I'm really just aiming to get the glade guard done and the board sorted, better than having unfinished models to display