Agis' painted minis

Thread: Agis' painted minis

Cool Agis' painted minis

Normally I am NOT a fantasy fan, but Game of Thrones or “A Song of Ice and Fire” somehow became one of my favourite book and TV Series. I really dislike the dirty medieval setting, but the story really captures me, proof that presentation is not all, sometimes it IS the content ...

When CMON announced their “A Song of Ice and Fire” Kickstarter I just had to back, in the beginning I was thinking, hmm even if the game is crappy, I can still use the minis for Zombicide: Black Plague.
    However the games seems to be good and once I received my pledge I started painting.

The Kickstarter Exclusive Iron Throne, true to the description in the books. In the game it serves as the 1st player marker. Primed Black, dry brushed in metal, inked and again dry brushed, as simple as it gets!

House Stark

Stark Sworn Swordsmen, really simple to paint, I mostly used washes.

Mercenaries

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater is a skilled and dangerous sellsword who comes to prominence when he champions for Tyrion Lannister in his trial by combat at the Eyrie. Bronn subsequently enters Tyrion's service as his personal bodyguard, assassin and enforcer and in return was given knighthood, power and wealth.

Brienne Tarth, commonly known as Brienne of Tarth, is a warrior of House Tarth, vassals to House Baratheon, and the only daughter of Lord Selwyn Tarth.
    Brienne is the sole surviving child and heir of Lord Selwyn Tarth of Evenfall Hall, on the island of Tarth, located in the Narrow Sea off the coast of the Stormlands. She is unusually tall and muscular for a woman by Westerosi standards and developed a taste for martial activity as a child. Brienne has grown up to become skilled at arms and dreams of becoming a knight.

more as always on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/a_so...ce___fire.html

Quote Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
    Tremendous work!
    Agreed, really well done!
    "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed down off your horse." -Littlefinger

I finished the 1st unit!!! A Stark Sworn Swordsmen unit on its HUGE movement tray.

I also started on the Lannisters:

Lannister Guard, Tyrion Lannister and Sandor Clegane, nicknamed the Hound.

And as always more on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/a_so...ce___fire.html

I'd not seen these before. I really like them and you've done a great job with them.

These really look nice. I have never read the books or watched the show, so this was one of the rare cmon kickstarters I skipped...I am questioning that now with the look of these quality minis.

Great painting !

I was wondering : does anyone know a mini in seating position that one could place at the top of the Throne ?

I am searching the net but without success until now.

Those look great! Can you please let me know how you did your reds and golds?

More Lannister this week:

Again simple to paint, I mostly used washes since 2 ranks (2/3 of the unit!) are not really visible.

More on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/a_so...ce___fire.html

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedsquid View Post
    Those look great! Can you please let me know how you did your reds and golds?
    All Colours used are from GWs Citadel range.
    Red is as simple as it gets, Spray Citadel Chaos black, then Khorne red. Then Nuln Oil shade, maybe some highlights in Mephistion Red.

Gold is a little bit more complicated. Citadel Gehennas Gold, Agrax Earthshade, then again the Gold, after that highlights in Auric Armour Gold with more and mixed in Runefang steel.

Excellent work! Thank you for sharing the photos and your colors!

T W
    To the Iron Throne!

T W

After some Star Wars and Ad Mech Kill Team work, I also finished another ASOIAF mini:

Ser Jaime Lannister!

more on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/a_so...ce___fire.html

Wow you knocked these out of the park! Great job!