Questions about Secret Missions (The Winds of Winter)

Thread: Questions about Secret Missions (The Winds of Winter)

Default Questions about Secret Missions (The Winds of Winter)

Do I have to discard 1 secret mission I have scored this round or can I keep them and score again next round? What happens if I scored 2 secret missions but I am only allowed to discard 1 per round?

From where is the Open Mission drawn, a third pile of secret mission cards, 1 from both players secret mission cards or only 1 from the active/passive players card pile?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychopath View Post
    Do I have to discard 1 secret mission I have scored this round or can I keep them and score again next round? What happens if I scored 2 secret missions but I am only allowed to discard 1 per round?

From where is the Open Mission drawn, a third pile of secret mission cards, 1 from both players secret mission cards or only 1 from the active/passive players card pile?
    Since the rules note that the Open Mission can be scored multiple times, I would assume that this would not be applicable for secret missions. I would also believe (though the rule doesn't specifically state this) that you would have to reveal the mission in order to claim its victory points.

I believe the mission cards will be communal--there should be only one stack from which each player draws their Secret Mission and the one Open Mission card.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

I believe the mission cards will be communal--there should be only one stack from which each player draws their Secret Mission and the one Open Mission card.
    Never thought about that as it seemed unfair to me if all draw from the same card stack, but I guess you are right, there is only one set of cards in the two-player starterbox. But I can't find anything in the rules about it.

I would assume that this would not be applicable for secret missions.
    I assume that also, but I can't find a clear process description in the rules. There is room for speculation.

Don't know if you saw it (or maybe posted the question there yourself), but this question was just asked and answered in the FB group. Looks like I got this one right--communal deck, and missions are discarded after they've been scored.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger