The end of a long road

Thread: The end of a long road

Default The end of a long road

It's with great relief that I have packed in the painting game. I stopped enjoying it a very long time ago and have tried through various periods to rekindle my love, but it's long gone. I'm binning off the remnants of my small collection, as well as a very decent job lot of paints, equipment and scenics. I'm not posting this in the Trading forum as I wanted to give the general forum goers a chance to get hold of some odds and sods. If anyone is interested in a bit of Oldhammer, RT and Citadel, not to mention a complete starter pack of all the stuff a painter needs, please see my eBay user ID the_reverend_1977. I've made a conscious decision to keep hold of a hardcopy of WHFRP as well as the Heroes of Wargames or whatever the old book is called - got to have some nostalgia material to hand.While I have only recently come back to CMON after years and years, I have very fond memories of the place. I'll keep my hand in now I'm back, but as a man unburdened of the weight of trying to rekindle a lost passion.

Sorry to hear you've lost the love for the hobby, but if that is the case, then no point in holding on to stuff. I hope you have other things to fill the void with.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Sorry to hear (read) that you’ve lose your love for the hobby as you were a damn good painter.
    Here's hoping you find a passion you can share with us. (We’re open minded{-ish})
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Exactly - cut the canker out I say. I've got other stuff that keeps me happy, and there's no void as such. It was more of a growth that needed cutting off rather than out

Cheers DR. I'm faffing about with photography as it stands. I have promised myself a set of paints upon retirement should I so wish. That's 25yrs or so away though according to the government

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel Castro View Post
    Cheers DR. I'm faffing about with photography as it stands. I have promised myself a set of paints upon retirement should I so wish. That's 25yrs or so away though according to the government
    You could always go 2D and use watercolours.
    Great fun and a good way to ruin a pair of trousers.... (Chinese Yellow on Grey walking trousers )
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.