Commander Tactics Cards

Thread: Commander Tactics Cards

Default Commander Tactics Cards

What if the combat unit with my attached Commander has been destroyed?
    May I still use his Commander Tactics Cards?
    Could not find anything in the Rules regarding this issue.

I would say you continue to use them, as the rulebook does not state that they must be removed.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

I agree. That would be too huge of a deal if we could not still use those tactics cards!

TW
    To the Iron Throne!

T W

Oki Doki, makes not really sense with regard to a "dead" Commander, but will play it that way.
    Many thanks

I guess you could look at it as his commanders are well trained and carry on his style of combat.

TW
    To the Iron Throne!

T W

I really cannot add anything further other than there is nothing in the rules about removing Tactics Cards if a Commander is killed so no, it is not something you do.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Michael Shinall View Post
    I really cannot add anything further other than there is nothing in the rules about removing Tactics Cards if a Commander is killed so no, it is not something you do.
    This recently came up again and curious if theres an official ruling.

Commander tactics that target certain units or commanders dont specific friendly or enemy and RAW seem to ot differentiate between the two.

ex. Jon Snow commander says within Short range of "Jon Snow" but what if the enemy has a Jon Snow? Also Some Bolton Tactics cause effects within range of House Bolton units, and Howland's tactics specify long range of a Crannogmen unit, but neither say friendly. RAI vs RAW seems fuzzy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnalexander View Post
    This recently came up again and curious if theres an official ruling.

Commander tactics that target certain units or commanders dont specific friendly or enemy and RAW seem to ot differentiate between the two.

ex. Jon Snow commander says within Short range of "Jon Snow" but what if the enemy has a Jon Snow? Also Some Bolton Tactics cause effects within range of House Bolton units, and Howland's tactics specify long range of a Crannogmen unit, but neither say friendly. RAI vs RAW seems fuzzy here.
    You should start a new thread with this one, Cheers.

the question may be different but the thread is called Commander Tactics so I feel it was relevant.

It doesn't only happen with Commander Cards though. Plus a new thread is more likely to get noticed.

I'm not aware of any generic faction tactics that target faction specifics cards other than vows, and those are very clearly worded.

also what's everyone's aversion to having threads? the thread is called "Commander Tactic Cards". my question is pertaining to commander tactics cards. the reason I clicked this thread, I thought maybe it would have my question. so if people come seeking a similar question, I imagine they might read this thread too. it's really not the end of the world. plus threads with posts seem to gain more attention than a post with 0 replies.

An official answer was given here, so an official answer is less likely to come again, if you post a new thread with a new topic, an official answer might be more likely to show up. We could just be chatting on and on about the same topic post-official answer. A new thread is a new question. simple.