Viable neutral army lists

Thread: Viable neutral army lists

Default Viable neutral army lists

Constantly tinkering with lists lately. (as you do...)

But cannot find something that I like for a Neutral list.
    I know it is hard with no medium inf not medium cav available at the moment but still...

Best I can come up with is:

Combat Units:
    • The Flayed Men (10)
    • House Bolton Blackguard (7)
    • House Bolton Blackguard (7)
    • Bolton Cutthroats (5)
    • Bolton Cutthroats (5)

Non-Combat Units:
    • Roose Bolton – Lord of the Dreadfort (0)
    • Littlefinger or Varys 4)

I see a few serious options in a Lannister or Stark list with Roose as a commander but strictly neutral?
    What did you come up with?

It is indeed problematic: I dislike Cutthroats, just too poor armor. I think it is not possible to make interesting Neutral build up with current available units (even the Blackquards in your list need to be proxied for few months still until they are released).

I Would like to fit one Bastard's Girls there, but they cost too much (would need to replace 2 and add cheap NCU or Attachment, making too poor army in amount of units).

Quote Originally Posted by Fronx View Post
    It is indeed problematic: I dislike Cutthroats, just too poor armor. I think it is not possible to make interesting Neutral build up with current available units (even the Blackquards in your list need to be proxied for few months still until they are released).

I Would like to fit one Bastard's Girls there, but they cost too much (would need to replace 2 and add cheap NCU or Attachment, making too poor army in amount of units).
    I think Cutthroats are the best option. Keep them cheap-they hit as hard as most elite units. I would run 3-4 units. And Bastard's Girls are probably one of the best units available right now, they just need careful setup to work best. 6 always passes for armor saves, so charge anything with sundering. Also they are the only shooting in the faction and I wouldn't imagine running a list without them. Throw in Bron and you are throwing out more dice than anything else in the game.