Corpse piles placement

Thread: Corpse piles placement

Default Corpse piles placement

In the game mode "a feast for crows" I have to place 2 corpse piles in addition to other terrain. According to the rulebook they count as terrain and terrain must stay away 6" from each other.

So do they also have to be placed 6" away from other terrain during setup? I saw several YouTube videos where they were placed nearer to each other or other terrain, so I'm confused.

It seems that you do not use the short range rule, at least so can be deducted from this, as it only mentions overlapping:

Each time an Infantry unit is destroyed, the opponent places 1 Corpse Pile Terrain piece within Short Range of the destroyed unit, if one is available. This Corpse Pile may not overlap other Terrain pieces or units when it is placed.

I mean placement of corpse piles during setup before the game actually starts.

(Although, regarding your answer, I also found no definition whether within means completely within or just partly within.)

Ah, sorry. Then I'm inclined to think that they follow same rules. Just based on word, 'in addition' (In my mind that word reads as 'following same rules as all other terrain in setup'):

In addition to all other Terrain, 2 Corpse Piles must be placed on the battlefield. These Corpse Piles must be placed before any other Terrain and are in addition to the usual amounts placed

That is how we played it, too. But I saw some YouTube battle reports from different sources where the corpse pile where placed nearer than 6" to other terrain, so I wasn't sure anymore.

Have there been any official answer on this? Do the initial corpse piles follow the rules for terrain placement? And does a unit which is worth 0 points gain victory points if it fail a morale test? And are there any restrictions to how many corpse piles you place during game? Do you only use the 4 which is included in the starter set or do you place more if you have them available. It maybe seem like a silly question but it’s important in tournament play.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxel View Post
    And does a unit which is worth 0 points gain victory points if it fail a morale test? And are there any restrictions to how many corpse piles you place during game? Do you only use the 4 which is included in the starter set or do you place more if you have them available. It maybe seem like a silly question but it’s important in tournament play.
    1. Yes, they are worth VP from failing Morale Tests. The Victory Through Combat rules only state they arent worth VP for being destroyed.

2. The Corpse Pile rules state to place another one if one is available. If you run out, you run out.

a corpse pile at the start follows the normal rules for it, pg 27 show terrain examples. it does show the corpse pile in it.

this only applies when starting the game when placing the terrain at the start.

under the special rules of the mission when placing the corpse down on that placing for that item. its those one that are followed

its another case of out of turn sequence type thing