The Ultimate Bunker

Thread: The Ultimate Bunker

Default The Ultimate Bunker

Robb Stark Commander in a unit of Sword Shields. This unit will last a long time, even against Flayed Men.
    Robb forces disorderly charges by any enemy in long range, including those against him. Add D3 blocked hits by a shield wall and then followed by some tough armour of the Sworn Shields. Enjoy.
    ASOIAF TMG

Nice! Thanks for this LP!

T W
    To the Iron Throne!

T W

But it won't help against vicious and Cersei...Or flank attacks. Or when they have to move a unit of Lannister Guards sitting on an objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychopath View Post
    But it won't help against vicious and Cersei...Or flank attacks. Or when they have to move a unit of Lannister Guards sitting on an objective.
    The aim here is to help with suggestions, not to whine and throw the hands up in despair. Bring solutions, not problems. This is about a bunker. A bunker is a defensive unit not an aggressive one. You place this unit on an objective and it will remain there for a long time. You do not use this unit to try and push Lannister guards off an objective. Use Stark superior mobility to move this unit on to the objective first.
    ASOIAF TMG

I really like using Maege with the Sworn Shields for a bunker. I also then like to use them to engage a unit, and let my Bowmen fire into the melee. Which then can trigger the Order on the Sworn Shields.

It is worth noting that Robb does not need to be in a unit to use his order to protect nearby soldiers, the enemy must be within long range of Robb's unit when they declare a charge in order to be hindered by the order.

I would therefore argue that your bunker would be enhanced by having Robb not in the unit, but nearby in a supporting unit (perhaps in a position to flank would-be attackers of the sworn shields?) with Maege Mormont in with the Tulley shieldsmen.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFoam View Post
    It is worth noting that Robb does not need to be in a unit to use his order to protect nearby soldiers, the enemy must be within long range of Robb's unit when they declare a charge in order to be hindered by the order.

I would therefore argue that your bunker would be enhanced by having Robb not in the unit, but nearby in a supporting unit (perhaps in a position to flank would-be attackers of the sworn shields?) with Maege Mormont in with the Tulley shieldsmen.
    I think that would be ideal, as it provides the best of both worlds.

Add the bowmen to back them up, we have the base for a decent army, I think.