The same precision

Thread: The same precision

Default The same precision

Hi All, i'd like to know how can i remake the same mix of colors. I explain better. When i painting, generally i use mix of colors to change the tonality a bit and to desaturate the color for example or to add more light and so on. Now how can i remake the same colors mix for light for example that i used the day before. Do you use some trick or it's just the experience of the eye?
    Thank you for your replies

Adriano

Simply mix the same amount of the same paints. Write it down, if necessary.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

I often colour match on the palette, keeping in mind that the dry colour will be slightly darker.
    So, mix your paint slightly lighter than what's on the palette.
    I will dab paint next to the original, let it dry and remix if needed.

Or yeah, write it down.
    You can watch my videos on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/MiniGhool/playlists
    And you can also support me on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Ghool

When I mix paints I use baby medicine droppers. They look like a syringe without the needle. They have Mark's on the side for milliliter and cc. Measure,mix and keep a notebook with your recipes.

I asked some better painters and they told me: mostly experience helps.

That said my way of doing it is what Ritual suggested, so mixes are written down. Also it helps, that for most of the colors I do a predictable mix of 1:1, 1:2, etc.

If I used only a little of the color and don't remember about the ratio I simply ignore it and use what I got. Usually it's not that big of a problem if for example the skin color on the hands don't 100% match the face. Even in real life there is enough variation.
    If something must be the same, I try to paint it in one session and with enough mixed paint, that I don't need to remix.
    Forgot, that it works again.