Tactic Card Triggers Duplicate Cards

Thread: Tactic Card Triggers Duplicate Cards

Default Tactic Card Triggers Duplicate Cards

Hi can you advise on the following, we had a game where a tactic card was played and then cancelled by by the play of counterplot I believe...
    As the card was cancelled can you play another card with the same trigger conditions..in this case it was the 2nd copy of the same card?I

Thanks

As per rule book (v1.1), page 23:

Note that sometimes you might have multiple Tactics cards with
    the same trigger. However, a player may only ever activate 1 effect
    for each trigger

It is a good question though. Was cancelled effect activated or not? Two ways to interpret:
    - You cannot try to activate one more effect, as you already (tried to) activate 1 effect.
    - You can (try to) activate effect again, as you were unable to 'activate 1 effect' due to Counterplot.

My interpretation is the 1st one, and I'm quite confident my interpretation is correct: you cannot try to play again for same trigger, as the failed effects activation counts as 'activate 1 effect'.

Basing this on thought, that the Counterplot does not cancel the activation of 1 effect, it cancels the effect itself after activation. So in my opinion the activation is counted as being activated and used (you cannot play more for this trigger due to above rule), and the effect does not come into play due to Counterplot.

I believe that the tactic card that was cancelled still counts as having been played (which is also why it is discarded). If not, there would have been nothing to cancel the effect of. Therefore, I believe you cannot play another tactic card that has the same trigger as the canceled one until that trigger reoccurs later.

T W
    To the Iron Throne!

T W

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinningWolf View Post
    I believe that the tactic card that was cancelled still counts as having been played (which is also why it is discarded). If not, there would have been nothing to cancel the effect of. Therefore, I believe you cannot play another tactic card that has the same trigger as the canceled one until that trigger reoccurs later.

T W
    I agree with this, it makes sense.