Overrun (tactics card the Mountain & rolling a "1")

Thread: Overrun (tactics card the Mountain & rolling a "1")

Default Overrun (tactics card the Mountain & rolling a "1")

During our latest game, we encountered something that wasn't clear to us both.
    With Gregor Clegane as commander the tactic card, "Overrun" was played.
    (see pic)
    Name:  Overrun.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  97.5 KB
    The Mountain-player rolled a "1" meaning a disorderly charge according his opponent. (Stark, not that this matters for the example)

The Mountain-player claimed he could add +2 to the roll which means you can never have a disorderly charge ( 2+1= minimal 3).
    Note that the unit trying to overrun would not have made it without the +2 due to terrain.

The Stark player figured the charge was successfull due to the +2 move, albeit disorderly.
    Name:  dice roll mods.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  44.6 KB
    The Lannister player thinks rolling a natural "1" can be prevented.

Which is correct?

Thanks a bunch in advance
    Last edited by Elkerlyc; 09-15-2018 at 01:08 PM. Reason: clarification

Well I think you gave one of the perfect quotes of the rulebook.... "It is important to note that these effects modify the result of the roll but not the actual die-facing itself." The other one being.... Disorderly Charge pg 19 " In the event that the attacker rolls a 1 for its charge distance,they suffer a Disorderly Charge: they do not gain ChargeBonuses for this attack, and the attacker may not play Tacticscards for the remainder of the unit’s action" I bolded the word "rolls" So in my opinion (player opinion) , a 1 would still cause a disorderly charge, even though the distance is then modified, and the result is no longer a 1, because the player rolled a 1. Just my thoughts

The Stark has it, disorderly charge. There are two definitions in play here; a ROLLED one is exactly that, your roll a die and it comes up a one. The other is the dice SCORE, this includes any modifiers.

I could do with an official ruling though...

Quote Originally Posted by Elkerlyc View Post
    I could do with an official ruling though...
    Not sure what else you want added here. You even quoted the rule yourself- modifiers are added to results, not facings. You roll a "1" you rolled a "1" and it's a Disorderly Charge, regardless of what your results are after modifiers.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Michael Shinall View Post
    Not sure what else you want added here. You even quoted the rule yourself- modifiers are added to results, not facings. You roll a "1" you rolled a "1" and it's a Disorderly Charge, regardless of what your results are after modifiers.
    1) Thanks.
    2) My opponent disagrees to this day. Why I am so happy with this ruling.