Blood Bowl WIP

Thread: Blood Bowl WIP

Default Blood Bowl WIP

Hello,

Wanted to show to you and get back some advices/tips/comments about mine new project - Blood Bowl
    Sorry for photo because they are not so perfect but maybe it will be enough to see what is wrong and what is good
    enjoy....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180930_111625.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	69121

Nice clean painting
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

The blue armour and the cloth is great dude! If you were to force me to make a criticism the gold/bronze could do with a deep shade and a quick line highlight

Thank you for replys and comments, appreciate this Gold and bronze is added at this moment - I'am painting with citadel paints so as you see in the photo is only first layer of Balthazars gold, so at this moment it is added gehennas gold and highlithed with soft runefang steel. I will try to take good photo for a view of this. I total I'am quit happy with how they look but I would really want to somehow brake from tabletop standart to higher quality but at least at this moment I really dont know where to start

Hi there and welcome to the WIP forum :-)
    If you want to move to higher standard the first way would be to have more layers of different itenses of the same color.
    Taking the blue armor: STarting with a very dark blue (former midnight) going over to a more lighter one (like e.g. enchanted...) moving higher... and higher
    finally arriving either with the lightest blue or even a white/grey.
    Some people love to use the ink "washing" mashine in between (for blue this would be Drakenhof nightshade - if they should look a bit more "noble" you could go for Druchii Violet ink instead).
    Recommendation: Take one of these minis above as a guinea pig and see if you feel comfortable with.

Heres a couple of links to Instagram for award winning versions of these minis from two brilliant painters. Always good to have great examples of the minis to work towards

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbFoX4Tg...=1kkygv7ohn7fn

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjHrR9Lj...=1au6h1swp6qy8

Nice clean painting on the finished ones so far. Keep it up

Your color placement and neat edge highlighting suggest you have great brush control. So if you keep posting and trying different things that are suggested in the forums you should see a quick improvement in your painting skills.

Thank you guys for comments and advices! it really keeps me motivated I will add more when done with this projects or others

Like others said to move up, you will need to add more color complexity to show the transitions from dark to light. From what I can see you have a good starting point to work up from. Now it's just going to be a matter of practice and experimentation. Look up examples of new techniques, and then don't be afraid to try them. You will mess up and it may not come out pretty, but every new experience will help you grow.