Why is it so difficult to get dates on when new units coming out?

Thread: Why is it so difficult to get dates on when new units coming out?

Default Why is it so difficult to get dates on when new units coming out?

We've heard from a couple sites here and there when the Night's Watch and Free Folk starter sets were coming out (and now we've heard about delays), and we got a week or two advanced notice on the units that just came out in late September on CMON's site.

Why isn't there more time being spent into letting us know what's being released over the next few months? Not understanding why this game isn't being marketed properly.

What other games are you comparing this to? Most miniature games: Games Workshop, Legion, Warmachine pre-public beta, etc spoil releases 2-4 weeks before they hit the market... Here we know everything for the next 3+ months.

I'm just hoping after Free Folk, it's the Martells or Baratheons (w/ King Robert) that are released. Please, CMON...

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    What other games are you comparing this to? Most miniature games: Games Workshop, Legion, Warmachine pre-public beta, etc spoil releases 2-4 weeks before they hit the market... Here we know everything for the next 3+ months.
    What 'everything' are you referring to? I would like to purchase either the Night's Watch or the Free Folk but do you think CMON has a detailed list of what's in either kit on their website, like a normal retailer? NOPE.

The idea that we know what's coming 3 months in advance is a joke. We have an idea of what's been speculated at cons and blogs from distributors. It doesn't match what CMON announces on twitter, with no website content to back up those tweets. It's absurdly convoluted to find out what is actually coming out when and at what price, with what units, etc.

Some greyjoy here !
    Calabozo Criollo Venezuela #WEDOPLAY!
    Click image to visit CalabozoCriollo Venezuela

Calabozo Criollo on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I'm just hoping after Free Folk, it's the Martells or Baratheons (w/ King Robert) that are released. Please, CMON...
    Baratheon seems to be likely, but I wouldn’t expect King Robert, as the game starts after his death.

Why other companies don't want to spoil anything is very easy: third party models.
    If they leak models to much in advance, by the time they hit the market other model companies make similar models