Favorite NCU's and Why?

Thread: Favorite NCU's and Why?

Default Favorite NCU's and Why?

Who are your favorite NCU's? Why do you like them and how do you make the best use or combos with them? Are there any you absolutely MUST include in your army?

Thank you!

T W
    To the Iron Throne!

T W

As always; it depends on the army/faction.

Having said that; my pick is Tyrion.
    4 tactics cards are too good to be true.

Cool, thanks for that.

I probably should have clarified that you can post any NCU for any faction and be as specific as you like about your list(s) and factions. The more the merrier. :-)

T W
    To the Iron Throne!

T W

I'll be non-army specific. Almost always usable in any composition:

Auto-include:
    - Varys: work he does is separate from the army composition you have. There are always Tactics Zone shenanigans coming at your way, and cancelling those will save your round. You just have to pick the important things to cancel from minor things. (I'm thinking in making house rule to reduce use of this, as this seems quite auto-include if wanting to play safe).

80%-include:
    - Tyrion: again, work he does is separate from the army composition you have. There are always Tactics Cards you need to get, or have removed away from the enemy.

Every other NCU (released so far) are situational, dependent on your (or enemy) army composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronx View Post
    I'll be non-army specific. Almost always usable in any composition:

Auto-include:
    - Varys: work he does is separate from the army composition you have. There are always Tactics Zone shenanigans coming at your way, and cancelling those will save your round. You just have to pick the important things to cancel from minor things. (I'm thinking in making house rule to reduce use of this, as this seems quite auto-include if wanting to play safe).

80%-include:
    - Tyrion: again, work he does is separate from the army composition you have. There are always Tactics Cards you need to get, or have removed away from the enemy.

Every other NCU (released so far) are situational, dependent on your (or enemy) army composition.
    I get why people love Varys. Me? I roll "1" or "2" at least 50% of the times so I am not as fond of him. Or dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkerlyc View Post
    I get why people love Varys. Me? I roll "1" or "2" at least 50% of the times so I am not as fond of him. Or dice.

Now THAT'S funny because we can all relate!

T W
    To the Iron Throne!

T W

I like Pycelle.
    Why?
    1) Because he is really really cheap.
    2) My regular opponent hates him.

I like Catlyn. I tend to play with bowmen a lot and she can keep them hitting hard if they get hammered, while freeing up healing for other units if needed.

Sansa - as for me one of the best, she makes possible to use some already used card or get any card exact when you need it + she is cheap.
    Just when you thought your day couldn't get any worse. You meet a Werewolf WEARING power armour!
    Instagram

Pycelle is just so great for what he does. Weakened tokens are great; any way to mitigate damage when you already have a 3+ armor save and Lannister Supremacy (yay, Lannister Guards) does it for me!

For Night watch I really like Bowen Marsh.

Him combined with the envelope tactic zone helps you quickly cycle through your deck for those crucial cards.
    Also he is relatively cheap and most people do not realize how powerful his ability is, until they see you with 10 out of your 20 cards in your hand.
    What is dead may never die, but rises again Harder and Stronger

For Lannister: Cersi,
    She gives a -2 on the moral, you have a lot of panic test cards and opportunities. In defensive lists she is a good offence by claiming the crown.
    Also I like Tyrion Attachement more so because of that I can't use him as an NCU.

For Stark: Catelyn,
    She gives you the max attack dice so you use them on beserkers in the beginning of the game and later on other units that are dying to give them their last.
    Also the best way to get rid of condition tokens.
    Second favorite is Rodrick. Critical blow and gives out vulnerable (if you claim the combat zone but face it, you were gonna do that anyway)
    I like to field them both. In the beginning of the game Catelyn on the Beserkers for the attacks, Rodrick on the Sworn Swords for the critical blow so you don't activate Stark Fury to often. When they are dying you reverse it, gain critical blown on beserkers and max dice with critical blow and 3+ to it on Sworn Swords without the D3 casualties