120mm devastator squad conversions

Thread: 120mm devastator squad conversions

Default 120mm devastator squad conversions

I have two varients for my squad, the Heavy Bolter and the Plasma cannon with two stances standing upright anfd the standard bent knee. Im currently also along side painting these up building the rest of my dev conversions, the las cannon, flamer and melta to start with. enjoy.

wasnt happy with the way the heavy bolter back pack vents/ammo were casting so re modelled them.

squads getting there.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Loll niiice excellent project bud!!! Only as you can!!!

Need to do some radicle redesigne im not happy with the plasma cannon containers and the back pack power cable set up...changes on the way.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Nice to be seen krule big comission coming up soon, should be a real doozy.

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    Nice to be seen krule big comission coming up soon, should be a real doozy.
    Well best of luck on it and keep your mojo up.

The armoury continues to grow, im about half way through making a heavy bolter flammer combi should be epic, will post some pics soon.

I am progressing slowly my own sense of perfections getting in the way lol im re designing the legs (not happy with the details or stance at the hip) i am reposing the left arm so it doesnt look like its been twisted around by an ork....oh and whilst thats ongoing im fannying around with a las cannon, bolter flammmer combi and a heavy flammer conversion!!! good job paintings not my life innit

Some progress on the business end of the combi Flambolter.

These look amazing, I can't wait to see a fully assembled figure (if only posed with bluetack, hint hint).
    You are using resin to cast these, right? What are you using for sculpting?

Milliput Gorb its what im know for around these parts the redesigning the 120mm oop marine with all the devastator toys has become something of an obsession.

Rebuilt the left arm to make the kit easier for folks to assemble the plasma cannon in the process of check assembly, its going well everything appears to be on course and in position.

I have also made up a new base which i intend to busy up too, overjoyed that the bent knee original pose workswell with the plasma cannon kit.
    tidied up some heavy bolter parts in prep for paint.

I've gotten back on project, the power cables connect easy peasey yeah! also the sharp eyed amongst you will see ive blinged up the bases too.

I have had to re start the upright pose heavy bolter as my innitial figure has gone to a better place (hope your happy with the model ). so here's the newbee dont worry at the moment he's armless lol.

oh and a new base for this pose too.

These are coming together really nice. Awesome work Cassar.

Cheers Krule they are so time consuming for so little gain, domestic bliss is also getting in the way.....post it list are back in this fall it seems lol. (should be a good build coming soon 15th all being well Legio custodes bigature. back in my safe zone)

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    ......domestic bliss is also getting in the way.....
    I am not sure those two words go together! Lol .

Keep chugging away as the effort looks to be payong off in results.