Canceling abilities. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canceling abilities.

I would think no, because the ability is to place the card, and it’s already been placed.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

This is exactly the situation I was referring to as well

Quote Originally Posted by AlxRaven View Post
    I would think no, because the ability is to place the card, and it’s already been placed.
    Placing the card is only a small section of the ability. The entirity of the text in the box is the Ability. If they lose it, it's all gone. Period.

I don't see how this is even up for debate, they are losing all Abilities. The counterargument is essentially "No they don't".

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    Placing the card is only a small section of the ability. The entirity of the text in the box is the Ability. If they lose it, it's all gone. Period.

I don't see how this is even up for debate, they are losing all Abilities. The counterargument is essentially "No they don't".
    Doesn't this contradict what you said on the previous page?

"If they lose Abilities then they lose Abilities. I do not know of any effect, however, that can cause an NCU to lose Influence that's already been placed on a unit. All cancelling effects in that regard happen when they activate"

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Rothwell View Post

"If they lose Abilities then they lose Abilities. I do not know of any effect, however, that can cause an NCU to lose Influence that's already been placed on a unit. All cancelling effects in that regard happen when they activate"
    I said I did not know of any that would cancel after an Influence was attached, not that they couldn't be cancelled after being attached .

Here is a case of that exactly happening. Does not change how it resolved though as I said above.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Rothwell View Post

The way i understand it, NCU abilities are like all others. Some are triggered (i.e. with order tokens or once per game) while some are ongoing Influence effects. They are all abilities regardless. If something specifically cancels an NCU's abilities, they loose everything in the box (including Influence abilities). This comes into play with the Bribery card of the neutral faction, for example. It clearly states that it cancels all of an NCU's abilities, plus it cannot activate.

Any effect that has been entirely resolved can't be "rewinded", but influence abilities usually apply an ongoing effect so imho it can be turned "off" via Bribery.