2 questions about "...It shall not end until my death"

Thread: 2 questions about "...It shall not end until my death"

Default 2 questions about "...It shall not end until my death"

"...It shall not end until my death" triggers when a friendly combat unit would be destroyed.

1. If the unit has an attachment and passes the morale test, would it lose its attachment? I am asking since the trigger says would be destroyed. The way I understand it, the unit has not technically been destroyed and the last model that would be removed is the attachment

2. If the unit would have been destroyed by the attacks of an enemy unit and it passes the moral test, would the unit still have to take the panic test from combat?

Thanks for your help

1. Correct. Unit attachment is ALWAYS the last model to be removed. The card specifically says when the unit would be destroyed and then further says it remains alive with 1 wound. This model/wound will ALWAYS be the Attachment as they are the last removed.

2. This ones a bit trickier, but reading order of operations under Resolving Attack, I can't see anything that would stop the Panic Test from happening:

Steps:
    1. Unit is attacked, attack/defense rolls are made. Unit suffers enough Wounds to be destroyed.
    2. It Shall Not End is played because trigger is met. Tactic Card is resolved and unit remains in play.
    3. Unit still suffered Wounds from the Attack, resulting in a Panic Test.

Nothing in "It Shall Not End..." is granting the ability to just "stop" resolving the rest of the attack, to which the Panic Test is a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    1. Correct. Unit attachment is ALWAYS the last model to be removed. The card specifically says when the unit would be destroyed and then further says it remains alive with 1 wound. This model/wound will ALWAYS be the Attachment as they are the last removed.

2. This ones a bit trickier, but reading order of operations under Resolving Attack, I can't see anything that would stop the Panic Test from happening:

Steps:
    1. Unit is attacked, attack/defense rolls are made. Unit suffers enough Wounds to be destroyed.
    2. It Shall Not End is played because trigger is met. Tactic Card is resolved and unit remains in play.
    3. Unit still suffered Wounds from the Attack, resulting in a Panic Test.

Nothing in "It Shall Not End..." is granting the ability to just "stop" resolving the rest of the attack, to which the Panic Test is a part of.
    do note that you can play "It Shall Not End" after Step 3 aswel.

Quote Originally Posted by JeppeP View Post
    Correct, as the trigger would be met there as well. So by above reasoning you could play "It Shall Not End" when you are destroyed by the damage... Pass the check... Fail your Panic, and double-down on "It Shall Not End"

Lots of resources to save one unit, but it's more the thematics of it that make it funny to me "Guyssss! I'm super serious here! It doesn't end until our deathhhhsss!"

Quote Originally Posted by JeppeP View Post
    Yes indeed. I just wanted to check the former.

Thanks for the replies guys
    What is dead may never die, but rises again Harder and Stronger

Above is correct. Playing this Tactic Card does not remove the need for a Panic Test for the attack.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft