I'm not much of a painter, but I am a sculptor - is this the place for me?

Thread: I'm not much of a painter, but I am a sculptor - is this the place for me?

Default I'm not much of a painter, but I am a sculptor - is this the place for me?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and just wanted to know what was allowed, I've read the rules about what can be posted (painted and converted miniatures) but the first post I saw was a CGI render/previs of miniature yet to be made! - Where does CMoN stand on image posts like this? - It feels like a grey area as I'm just a one man band, sculpting, moulding and casting... I do it for the art, but I sell castings to collectors. Just wanted to check before I overstepped the etiquette here.

The forum looks great!
    -Tom

Name:  Goblin Reddit.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  565.2 KB

dude that's awesome!!! Yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen sculpts in the top 7 weekly's it's less common but hey it's part of the miniature process so feel free to keep sharing your stuff!

You could start a thread in the WIP section and show your progression. There are a few other sculptors in there already. I also believe some of them have made casts and sold them to others

Now THATS what I call a goblin. No silly smile on him. He looks like he’d slit your throat and step over you to get a slice of your grandma. Any point on the miniature sculpt to paint continuum is perfect to be here. Sculpting or painting...doesn’t matter.

Thats amazing- we welcome skills like yours so please stick around awhile.