gorb's paint & putty pony show - Page 30
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 940

Thread: gorb's paint & putty pony show

  1. #581
    Freak! SaintToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I am certain this is going to be an awesome project. Sculpt is off to a great start and I know there will be drama & atmosphere a’plenty by the time you’re done with the scene.

  2. #582

    Default

    I really like the set up for the diorama. The sculpt is really looking cool. Can't wait to see how things come together.

  3. #583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwin View Post
    This is ace!!
    Thank you maxwin!

    Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    Voted and comment left for your Brute.
    And wonderful work on sculpting the Alien!
    Thank you Graishak, I appreciate it!

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    I am certain this is going to be an awesome project. Sculpt is off to a great start and I know there will be drama & atmosphere a’plenty by the time you’re done with the scene.
    Thanks SaintToad, I've got a specific idea in mind that I want to pull off, I appreciate your support!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaar View Post
    I really like the set up for the diorama. The sculpt is really looking cool. Can't wait to see how things come together.
    Thanks Lothaar! Yeah it is bare bones, but I just needed to check the proportions and layout.

    ..

    I've been working on a couple of things at once, mostly sculpting, since I have the tools, clays and putties out.

    Here is one of a girl on a hoverbike, fixing her hair before flying off.
    It is still WIP, so a bit of smoothing to do and of course the diorama, then the paintjob. Almost there lol.
    It is based on a painting by Kan Liu, titled "Tying hair and getting ready"
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QrKxvr

    He uses a very punchy palette, even for the kind of dystopian scenes he paints. I love them.
    This specific painting had the girl sitting on her hoverbike, leaning one foot out, so I thought at 35mm scale it is entirely possible to hold the entire bike and figurine up on one leg (toe, actually).
    That should be enough to give the elusion that the bike is actually hovering, since it (the bike) would have so much bulk that you can't believe otherwise, especially if her posture was one of sitting, as opposed to supporting.

    Was I succesful?





  4. #584

    Default

    Whooooa somebody’s been getting sharp wow

  5. #585

    Default

    Sweet new figure you are sculpting!

  6. #586

    Default

    Looks nicee

    /k
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

  7. #587

    Default

    This new sculpt is niiiiiice. and yes, it works!

  8. #588

    Default

    That looks great. I'll take one to paint! It is impressive to be able to sculpt one thing really well but this is something completely different you're working on and really shows how skilled you are. I look forward to seeing more of this lady in the near future!

  9. #589

    Default

    You're killing me with all this coolness!

  10. #590
    Freak! SaintToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yeah man, the pose is convincing. The bulk of the bike really makes it seem like it’s hovering.

  11. #591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Whooooa somebody’s been getting sharp wow
    Thanks BaM! I'm trying to push the sculpting really hard, keeping edges as sharp as I can and trying to smooth the surfaces. Thanks for the enouragement!

    Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    Sweet new figure you are sculpting!
    Cheers ekipage, I'm glad you like her!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kretcher View Post
    Looks nicee
    Thanks Kretcher, much appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    This new sculpt is niiiiiice. and yes, it works!
    Thanks heaps Dexter. I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to sell the effect. Glad you like it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuribo View Post
    That looks great. I'll take one to paint! It is impressive to be able to sculpt one thing really well but this is something completely different you're working on and really shows how skilled you are. I look forward to seeing more of this lady in the near future!
    Haha, thanks Kuribo! I'd have to make a couple of interesting cuts to be able to make a usable mold out of her.
    Thank you for the very encouraging and kind words!

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwin View Post
    You're killing me with all this coolness!
    Thanks maxwin, I'm glad you like it!

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Yeah man, the pose is convincing. The bulk of the bike really makes it seem like it’s hovering.
    Thanks Rhett, I appreciate it! I was afraid that it might just look like she's holding up a bike without wheels
    I'm happy it is passing your critical eye, thanks for commenting!

    ..

    Here is an update on the aliens diorama: I'm finished with the sculpts, I can now focus on the layout of the scene.
    As you know I love aliens surprise attacking out of overhead pipes and ducts.
    Bursting, so to speak.

    The alien was super fun to sculpt, since he is organic, with all sorts of odd bulges and pipe-like elements.
    Also, each film (plus the graphic novels) gave the xenomorphs their own look, so there is no real right or wrong wrt the anatomy of the creature.
    As long you've got the banana shaped head, you're good to go.






  12. #592

    Default

    This def is your best coming up!’n

  13. #593

    Default

    So start cutting away to print that lady and hoover bike!

    Alien and Marine dio looks really good! Now you just need to figure out a way to get the marine saying: "That's it man, Game Over! What are we going to do now" in Bill Paxton's voice

  14. #594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gorb View Post
    As long you've got the banana shaped head, you're good to go.
    Ah ah, so true.


    The sculpt is fantastic and the diorama is taking shape nicely.
    The marine as absolutely no idea that's coming for him. Brilliant.

  15. #595

    Default

    Really nice work and that dio is going to be your best yet when painted up. You just go from strength to strength!

  16. #596

    Default

    The alien is my favourite for sure. I like the long claw like fingers and the face. Anyone who can do more than just mix GreenStuff up (about my skill limit) has my kudos.

  17. #597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    This def is your best coming up!’n
    Thanks for the vote of confidence BaM! I'm pretty excited about it too

    Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    So start cutting away to print that lady and hoover bike!
    Alien and Marine dio looks really good! Now you just need to figure out a way to get the marine saying: "That's it man, Game Over! What are we going to do now" in Bill Paxton's voice
    Haha! No I think I'll keep her as a one-off. Once I figure out my molding and casting process a bit better I'll think about making copies of models
    Thanks, yeah, all sorts of titles for this piece keep popping up in my head. Mostly quotes from the movie. Like everyone else here I must have watched it about 5000 times by now lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    Ah ah, so true.
    The sculpt is fantastic and the diorama is taking shape nicely.
    The marine as absolutely no idea that's coming for him. Brilliant.
    Cheers Dexter, I am very happy you like it! Yup, that marine is toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuribo View Post
    Really nice work and that dio is going to be your best yet when painted up. You just go from strength to strength!
    Thanks Kuribo, your kind words are very much appreciated my friend!

    Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    The alien is my favourite for sure. I like the long claw like fingers and the face. Anyone who can do more than just mix GreenStuff up (about my skill limit) has my kudos.
    Haha! Thanks bullfrog. All you need to do now with that greenstuff ball is roll it in a sausage and wham! alien
    Seriously, thanks for the kind compliment, I appreciate it

    ..

    I've started working on the bases a bit, for biker babe I want to have her sitting on a desert plain, with some scenery in the background. Going for a kind of infinite terrain effect, curved around her.
    It is all very experimental for me, no idea if this'll work




  18. #598

    Default

    I love the unorthodox display. I'm looking forward to see where you'll take it.

  19. #599

    Default

    Excited to see this take shape! Looks like you have gone all chips in.

  20. #600

    Default

    Wow Gorb the sculpts all look so good, can't wait to 'em in some paint!

    WIP: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ramblings-spot
    Blog: http://blog.coolminiornot.com/blog.p...6-Flaming-Tiki
    “A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.”
    Leonardo da Vinci

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->