An update on the base toppers: I went into full yak-shaving mode, all the way down and decided to make my own bases. I'm going to need them when I get to casting up some of my minis,
and while I can buy a 100 of them for about threefiddy why would I want to make my life easier
I made them from a paper template that I bulked out with sculpey. The bottoms are rough, but I don't need to look at them.
The base toppers fit these bases (and the GW ones) very well:
I think I can get a seamless join with a bit of sanding and some Tamiya putty applied here and there. So I'm stoked!
Here is a genestealer mounted on a diy base + base topper. Time to paint him up.
But wait. I want more projects. So here is a dsplay base, put together using various bits of printers, casettes, some cheap elbow pipes, a couple of insulin vials, bits of ikea boxes, and
of course some of my own greeblies + space hulk tiles. I knocked this up last night, like they say 80% of the work takes 20% of the time