gorb's paint & putty pony show - Page 15
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: gorb's paint & putty pony show

the tech priest looks really cool. liking the dread's base to.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    the tech priest looks really cool. liking the dread's base to.
    Thank you kindly Coyote!

So the dreadnought dio is slowly but surely coming together. I've got all the major pieces together now, just have to add all the details.
    I've taken some photos of the setup using a strong direct overhead light, it shows what I will try to achieve when painting.
    It'll be challenging...

(the photos are not great; my phone camera's glass cover on the lens is cracked so there is lots of internal reflection)

Also making progress on the figurine for @SaintToad's base.
    Her right arm still needs some work, then I have to add the arrow + string to the bow and some jewelry, then I can paint her up.

Just an amazing job on that dio so far! Can't wait to see this finished and all painted up! Really great job on sculpting that archer and it goes really well with that base!

Amazing dio for the dreadnought!
    And this archer is coming along nicely too!

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    Just an amazing job on that dio so far! Can't wait to see this finished and all painted up! Really great job on sculpting that archer and it goes really well with that base!
    Thank you very much ekipage!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    Amazing dio for the dreadnought! And this archer is coming along nicely too!
    Cheers Dexter!

The archer is now complete, next step would be painting her. We've got the parents-in-law visiting, so hobby time is in short supply.
    But I hope to make a bit of progress on her this weekend.

As for the dreadnought, I've started adding some details: iconography on the faceplate, and a start on the chains and pipes.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hoooooly Fu@@ing shiiiiit!!!!!!!! = I LOVE THIS AND AM SUPER IMPRESSESD!!

Your Dreadnought-Dio is just awesome! Again you're showing how creative this hobby can be. Sharing uncle BaM's statement: I am super impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Hoooooly Fu@@ing shiiiiit!!!!!!!! = I LOVE THIS AND AM SUPER IMPRESSESD!!
    Thanks BaM, you are too kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    Your Dreadnought-Dio is just awesome! Again you're showing how creative this hobby can be. Sharing uncle BaM's statement: I am super impressed!
    Thank you Graishak, much appreciated!

--

Started adding all the pipery and to the dio.
    First I added way more pipes to the "cockpit" of the dreadnought, I want the inside to contrast with the outside in a kind of organic vs machine look. Then the various pipes connecting the diorama to the dread itself.

The pipes are mostly made with either regular electric wire, or greenstuff rolled around bare wire. Putting greenstuff around the wire allows me to texture it, and I can still bend it after the greenstuff cures, plus the wire helps the pipe maintain its shape.

I have to be able to remove the dread from the dio so I can paint it...

Here are some shots of the posed dio:

Yeah, that definitely is aces there! This dio is going to freakin' rock when you are finished with it!

those cables really add something to the scene. great addition.

excellent stuff, really starting to take shape now
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Yeah, that definitely is aces there! This dio is going to freakin' rock when you are finished with it!
    Thank you eki! I still have to paint it though, so there is enough chances to screw it up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    those cables really add something to the scene. great addition.
    Thank you Dexter. More cables and pipes to come

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    excellent stuff, really starting to take shape now
    Thanks Coyote, yes it is starting to fill out now. There will be some blank space that I still have to figure out what to do with.
    But no rush...

Nah, you got this! You aren't going to let a simple thing like painting it mess you up now!

Coming together beautifully bud!! And I like seeing what you’ve done with the wires and pipes, giving me ideas for my next project!!

Nah, you got this! You aren't going to let a simple thing like painting it mess you up now!
    Pressure pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Sik Willy View Post
    Coming together beautifully bud!! And I like seeing what you’ve done with the wires and pipes, giving me ideas for my next project!!
    Thanks Sik! Yeah the pipes almost feel like cheating: they add so much texture and effect for so little actual effort.
    Although trying to make them stiff enough to keep their shape while also laying them just so can be pretty tricky.

This is looking fantastic!!!!!!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

What an awesome project. Truly amazing.
    The one with the dreadnought’s not too bad, either.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    This is looking fantastic!!!!!!
    Thank you ten ball, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toad View Post
    What an awesome project. Truly amazing.
    The one with the dreadnought’s not too bad, either.
    lol thanks I see what you did there
    Loving the base that you sent me. The huntress sculpt is done, I have a bit of touch up to do, but otherwise she is ready to be painted.
    I'm going to try and riff off of the colors on the base, let's see what I can do!

--

The dreadnought dio is all but done, and ready for a first coat of primer.
    Here is the dreadnought itself, with occupant and attending servo-skulls.

It is a very busy piece, but I plan to push a lot of it into the background as texture via the paintjob, and only bring some of the detail forward.
    This will most definitely be my most challenging paint job yet. I am pretty keen though, I plan to clear my desk of sculpting material
    and just get down and dirty with this and all the other outstanding paint jobs I have (Huntress, Fire-Raptor, space marines, etc.)

its looking awesome can't wait to see some paint on it