gorb's paint & putty pony show - Page 22
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: gorb's paint & putty pony show

That freehand raven looks great! This fire raptor is turning out amazing and with all the weathering and stuff you are doing to it. Really nice job on the heat bluing of the gun barrels

its coming on great. those wings on the wings are nice touch. liking the battle throughout as well. good stuff.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

My Instagram - where I post pictures every now and again https://www.instagram.com/coyotepaints/

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    That freehand raven looks great! This fire raptor is turning out amazing and with all the weathering and stuff you are doing to it. Really nice job on the heat bluing of the gun barrels
    That's very kind of you ekipage, thanks for stopping by! I also like how the raven came out, as you can tell from my previous posts I was very apprehensive - I had this big idea in my head but when push came to shove I was very hesitant to get going.
    But thanks to all the awesome folks on this forum I had the motivation to just get off my butt

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    its coming on great. those wings on the wings are nice touch. liking the battle throughout as well. good stuff.
    Thank you very much Coyote, appreciate it! Yeah the shape of the wings on the Raptor scream to have wings painted on them

Ansloultely gorgeous work my man. Simply wonderfully from tail to nose, wing to wing.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Ansloultely gorgeous work my man. Simply wonderfully from tail to nose, wing to wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    Outstanding work!
    Thank you so much BaM & Dexter, always a pleasure having you stop by!

Last night I finished the racing stripes with the Bloodraven chapter symbols on the sides.
    They are freehand, I've done a quick SBS for how I do these, nothing mindblowing but I like how the design emerges from each successive step.
    The last step is ripping off the masking fluid to expose the weathering.

I'm thinking of adding a company marking in the empty-looking triangle in front of the racing stripes. Any company suggestions are welcome, although I'm thinking of the 9th because I reckon a "IX" will look bad@ss in that spot

Then it is time to seal up with varnish and do the last bit of panel lining and weathering with oils and pigments. But I'm getting ahead of myself

Enjoy!

Wow that is some fabulous freehanding skills, i like the way you do dots first aswell thanks for sharing that. And once again that is top teir paint job on that ship, very very very nice.

Nice work on your Thunderbird. Ball turrets are top notch but I bet they made you cry when you put the hatches on and covered up all your good work.

Truly amazing work mate! Do you plane to put it in situation on a scene/diorama or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
    Wow that is some fabulous freehanding skills, i like the way you do dots first aswell thanks for sharing that. And once again that is top teir paint job on that ship, very very very nice.
    Thank you so much Clouds! I'm happy to know I've shared something useful. I think I've gotten over my fear of doing freehand by lots of planning; drawing the design I want on paper using a pencil, then analyzing the design, simplifying it and drawing it over and over again so that I can construct it from a bunch of dots on the paper. Then it is as simple as drawing the dots on the model, and filling in the design as before.

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    Nice work on your Thunderbird. Ball turrets are top notch but I bet they made you cry when you put the hatches on and covered up all your good work.
    Cheers bullfrog! Ah, not to worry, the hatches are magnetized so they come off if the little gunners want some fresh air

Truly amazing work mate! Do you plane to put it in situation on a scene/diorama or something?
    Thanks Dexter, much appreciated! Yeah I've posted a photo before of the flyer base I built for it. This is now finished, and I've started priming it, so more photos coming soon. I also plan to build a landing pad for it, but this will take a while. One thing at a time

Did another bit of freehand last night: the 9th company marking. This is located in a fairly un-weathered location (especially the one on starboard) so I just scratched away a liiiiitle bit:

Nice, looks no different then a decal.

Quote Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
    Nice, looks no different then a decal.
    Thanks Clouds! I used a very thin line brush, braced every muscle in my body, and stopped breathing for 5 minutes and 42 seconds, but I got some straight lines out of it so pretty happy.

The Fire Raptor is now DONE. I took some shots last night, but my phone camera is somehow mucked up so the left half of the picture is blurry and out of focus *sigh*. I'll have to beg borrow or steal a better camera, because I'll be damned if I'm going to put up half-ass photos of this full-ass job lol

Anyways, here are the photos I took last night, as a preview. Click to embiggen.

Last edited by gorb; 02-12-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Very impressive work Gorb. Nice level between used and new look. I like it!

stellar work on the Fire Raptor, from scratch build to final paint!

Wow bud, this is just a fantastic job. I know I’m not the only one who’s been inspired by your incredible ability to turn a three rusty screws, a cereal box, and a handful of grapes into a game legal imperial titan, but this piece is just good, however you made it. I love watching your projects come alive, my friend!

I've just added to the ToadChapel library a great tutorial by our pal g0rb on the scratchbuilding and weathering of a display platform he created for his models. Everyone likes a glimpse into Chris's unique methods, and here's your chance to peek under the hood of that mind of his! Thanks, bud!

The raptor is simply amazing.
    The freehand paint job you done on the wings really add some characters to the vehicle!
    And it is dismontable... That some serious engineering skills you have here!

The article looks really interesting too, this will be my reading for the week-end.

Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    Very impressive work Gorb. Nice level between used and new look. I like it!
    Thank you very much Graishak!

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    stellar work on the Fire Raptor, from scratch build to final paint!
    Thanks ekipage, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Wow bud, this is just a fantastic job. I know I’m not the only one who’s been inspired by your incredible ability to turn a three rusty screws, a cereal box, and a handful of grapes into a game legal imperial titan, but this piece is just good, however you made it. I love watching your projects come alive, my friend!
    Thank you SaintToad, always encouraging to hear such kind words. And thanks for letting me use your site as a platform *cough* to share my work.

The raptor is simply amazing.
    The freehand paint job you done on the wings really add some characters to the vehicle!
    And it is dismontable... That some serious engineering skills you have here!

The article looks really interesting too, this will be my reading for the week-end.
    Thank you Dexter! If it wasn't for the shove of encouragement from you guys I would probably not have had the guts to commit to the freehand. Have fun reading the article!

I have now finally found a working camera with which to take actual in-focus shots, so I'll be taking the time over the weekend to do some proper photos of the bird.

And next up I will be tackling the Dreadnought diorama paintjob (yes, that thing that I have been working on for over 18 months now )
    Stay tuned, and thanks for stopping by.

WHaaaaat!!! i had no idea this was a scratch build....no words at all.... just incredible...

Congradulations you are amazing.