gorb's paint & putty pony show - Page 33
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 720

Thread: gorb's paint & putty pony show

  1. #641
    Freak! SaintToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    2,607
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Voted bud. I like the delicate young woman encased within the monstrous armor. Excellent concept.

  2. #642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gorb View Post

    The shoulders are way wider than they should be, and even with the armor, much bulkier compared with the head.
    And this bust suggests some kind of Terminator-like power armour, as opposed to the regular SoB armor.


    the head is small, because I specifically wanted to make the armor look big and bulky
    I understand, she is like in a terminator armor, lile a cross between a dreadnought and regular armor.

    I will go check it out on P&P!

  3. #643

    Default

    I like the bust. One thing bothers me though. the girl looks too pristine/clean. Maybe a scar or something like this could help with that? Just my two cent.

  4. #644

    Default

    Outstanding sculpt gorby -as I’ve stated on the comment you truly out did yourself bruh!!!

  5. #645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Voted bud. I like the delicate young woman encased within the monstrous armor. Excellent concept.
    Thanks my friend, I'm very glad you like it!

    Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    I understand, she is like in a terminator armor, lile a cross between a dreadnought and regular armor.

    I will go check it out on P&P!
    Thank you Jocelyn! I must admit though, if it took me that long to explain the concept, then the concept is flawed
    So thanks for being up front and honest, I won't improve unless people point out the flaws in my work!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    I like the bust. One thing bothers me though. the girl looks too pristine/clean. Maybe a scar or something like this could help with that? Just my two cent.
    Thanks Dexter! I plan on doing some lighting effects with the paintjob. I haven't though of adding a scar, but come to think of it, most battle sisters have some kind of facial scar. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Outstanding sculpt gorby -as I’ve stated on the comment you truly out did yourself bruh!!!
    Thank you very much John! You are a major force of motivation in this forum, I appreciate your support!


    ..

    I have been working on smoothing the paintjob on biker girl.

    Also, I pivoted midway and decided she needs to look over her other shoulder, so I chopped off her head and hands, since the other hand now has to hold her ponytail.
    The main reason for doing this is the viewing angle. I think it looks better to see her one leg up on the bike, and the other peeking out from behind the bike on the ground,
    otherwise it just looks like she holding the bike up with her one leg.
    Anyways, I think it looks better this way.

    I blasted the entire diorama with matte varnish, but then went back over the chrome bits (both bike and girl) with a gloss varnish. I wanted something that would push the idea
    that the different parts have different surface finishes, and I like the glinty reflections on the chrome. It looks more lifelike in... real life.

    And I added a couple of rocks and some scraggly grass/plants in the foreground.

    As always comments and critique welcome! If I get a critique of something I did, I will try my best to explain why I did it that way,
    and hopefully figure out how to do it differently.


  6. #646

    Default

    Perfect.
    I think the change of side was the right thing to do as it put the hover bike in perspective whithout th leg beeing in the way?
    I love it!

  7. #647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    Perfect.
    I think the change of side was the right thing to do as it put the hover bike in perspective whithout th leg beeing in the way?
    I love it!
    Awesome, I'm glad you like it. The original pose made sense in the drawing, but it bothered me on the model, and I'm glad this improves the piece.

    I've now gone over the skin again with matte medium (which gives it a more satiny look), and touched up the hair and skirt, fixed up some things on the base, and took some photos.
    Here is the final piece:









  8. #648

    Default

    Again, this is just stunning. I hope you put it onto your gallery... I'm ready to place a 10+++++ for this awesome project!

  9. #649

    Default

    Great piece! I hope you have a nice spot for her in your cabinet!

  10. #650

  11. #651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    Again, this is just stunning. I hope you put it onto your gallery... I'm ready to place a 10+++++ for this awesome project!
    Thank you Graishak, you made my day

    Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    Great piece! I hope you have a nice spot for her in your cabinet!
    Thank you Jocelyn! Yeah, she's got a spot

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    GOLD! (oups wrong site ).
    Haha! Dexter you just made my day too Thanks!

    ..

    No rest for the wicked.
    I seem to be on a bike roll right now...




    The main body is made from aluminium armature wire and basically balls of sculpey. I baked this, then started gluing pieces of plastic rod, tube and other stuff on: bits from an old printer, pieces of electronics, bent wire, springs, zip ties, etc.
    I made a larger scale tentacle roller for the greenstuff tubes in the back.

    The dashboard dials piece is a cast from the little set of computer console greeblies I made before.




    Couldn't resist... WAAAAAKIRA!!!!



    lol. Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

  12. #652

    Default

    Not been on for a while and oh my god!!! the hoverbike girl is a freaking master piece! not in my wildest dreams did I think the paint job would impress me more than the original model concept

  13. #653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwin View Post
    Not been on for a while and oh my god!!! the hoverbike girl is a freaking master piece! not in my wildest dreams did I think the paint job would impress me more than the original model concept
    Thank you so much maxwin! Yeah she was fun to paint too
    She's been receiving some good attention on putty & paint, which I'm very happy about.
    https://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/28006

  14. #654

  15. #655

    Default

    The sky/earth NMM on your biker girl’s bike is fantastic. The other bike you’re constructing is really taking shape. I wish I had both the imagination and skill to knock up some of the things you make.

  16. #656

    Default

    Oh goodness!! The skills on the biker girl!! That's impressive!

  17. #657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    waaaaakira!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    The sky/earth NMM on your biker girl’s bike is fantastic. The other bike you’re constructing is really taking shape. I wish I had both the imagination and skill to knock up some of the things you make.
    Thanks bullfrog, I appreciate it! Imagination is all I've got really, no skill. All I do is just cutting up bits of plastic and odds & ends and slapping them together with super glue

    Quote Originally Posted by Mila View Post
    Oh goodness!! The skills on the biker girl!! That's impressive!
    Thank you kindly Mila!

    ..

    We've been away camping for the last week, drove up to the Grand Canyon, then through Bryce Canyon. Such a beautiful country you boys & girls have here.

    Since we've been back I managed some more progress on the ork biker. The bike is 90% finished, the ork sculpt is still very much WIP.
    But I've got enough to mock up what I had in mind, and I think I can make it work:


  18. #658

    Default

    Lots of dynamic in this project! Never seen anything like this before, you have a lot of imagination! I haven't read all of your explanations from before posts but do you plan on making a big exhaust pipe?
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 10-21-2020 at 11:37 PM.

  19. #659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    Lots of dynamic in this project! Never seen anything like this before, you have a lot of imagination! I haven't read all of your explanations from before posts but do you plan on making a big exhaust pipe?
    Thank you!
    I want it to really look as if the bike is launching off a piece of scrap metal on the base - and I need to hide the thick wire that carries the bike and the ork, hence the dust plume
    There is a smallish (prolly not dakka enough) rocket engine on the back, you can see the hot-glue-gun flame sticking out the right hand side. I can still build this up though, it might be too much, but then again it is orktober.

    I've had a long session with the airbrush last night, and started reworking the lights on the dreadnought diorama.
    I picked up some burnt sienna ink for the torches, to replace the burnt umber I used before. I think this contrasts nicely with the blue overhead lights.
    (the burnt umber was too yellowish).

    The only problem I have now is that in real life the blue sky light is way too saturated (doesn't look like it in the photo), so I need to desaturate this on the model...
    Any ideas how to go about this without the obvious "repaint it all" method?
    I'm thinking glazing over with some grey, but I'm not sure...


  20. #660

    Default

    That biker chick turned out phenomenal! Love the Evel Orkneval one you are building. Maybe some paynes grey ink (from Dawler Rowney or other brands) thinned down a little and shot through the airbrush over the blue (since paynes grey is bluish black) would darken it down some without ruining the overall effect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->