gorb's paint & putty pony show - Page 25
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: gorb's paint & putty pony show

Jaw dropping work as always gorb... amazing.

Thank you Clouds!

I've been working from home, pretty much like everybody else. Not doing much painting, but lots of drawing instead.
    However that little tank is looking at me every day, making me feel really guilty about not showing it much love, so I'll probably try to get started soon.

Hope everyone is safe and sound!

Unbelievable work on the strike tank man. Indescribably cool. Also really enjoying your 2D work in IG!!!

I’m in love with that doombringer of a tank!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    I’m in love with that doombringer of a tank!!!!
    Thanks John, really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sik Willy View Post
    Unbelievable work on the strike tank man. Indescribably cool. Also really enjoying your 2D work in IG!!!
    Cheers Sik, I love this little tank. Glad you enjoy the sketches too.

--

I've made a bit of progress on the Strike tank: as with all my space marine gear, I'm doing a Blood Raven color scheme.
    Here is the entire tank base coated:

Then I added a racing stripe along the side, as a banner onto which to put the raven:

It came out pretty good, except for a bit of overspray despite my overzealous masking. Very fixable though.

I went for a more stylistic raven than the one I did for the Fire Raptor. More of a germanic eagle styled raven. I kinda like it, and I think I'll use it from now on.

On another project, I have been slowly sculpting away at a Terminator-sized figure of a 2d piece I did a while ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8AGZFOn-aV/
    I plan on making a mold of the figure, and then use the mold to make a couple of casts, and reposition / mod these into a posed team, some with heavier weapons.

Stay safe everyone!

I'm in love with the tank gorb. The weathering... The stripe for the Eagle and all of it. Blood ravens are my 2nd favorite chapter. And your quite the sculpter too!

Blog Entries

Great stuff as always with the tank! And sweet little terminator!

nice work on the power armor and the landraider! i gid the backpack and shoulders alot!

tee

Quote Originally Posted by CPTDanielSan View Post
    I'm in love with the tank gorb. The weathering... The stripe for the Eagle and all of it. Blood ravens are my 2nd favorite chapter. And your quite the sculpter too!
    Thank you very much DanielSan, I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Great stuff as always with the tank! And sweet little terminator!
    Cheers SaintToad, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Tee888 View Post
    nice work on the power armor and the landraider! i gid the backpack and shoulders alot!
    Thank you Tee, I'm glad you like it! I'm going for a very top-heavy look on the power armor, the poses I have in mind will all be a sort of heavy gait, none of the gymnastics the recent GW models have

--

The scratchbuilt baby tank is done!
    I added the last bits of lenses and viewports...

...then started adding some dust and mud.

Once done, here is the final thing:

Love it love it love it

Really amazing stuff gorb. I love that terminator. How many hours would you guess you had in building him?

Thanks to everyone who has voted & commented on the Sabre Strike tank so far, I appreciate it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTDanielSan View Post
    Voted and commented Great job.
    Thank you kindly DanielSan!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Love it love it love it
    Thank you thank you thank you! Grateful for your support John.

Quote Originally Posted by khavor View Post
    Really amazing stuff gorb. I love that terminator. How many hours would you guess you had in building him?
    Thanks Khavor, that's super kind of you. I started working on the terminator sculpt about a month ago, but that definitely does not mean it's a month's worth of full-time work. More like 2 weeks of intermittent pottering about.

In the comment section, @Dexter0015 asked "How can someone figure out it's made out of cardstock and paper?"
    The answer is that there is rectangular hole in the bottom of the model where you can see the interior cardstock.
    I keep it like that, because when I show it to people they tend to tap it and say "no ways this is made of paper". Then I flip it over.

the finished tank looks amazing. can believe its scratch built. stunning work
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

My Instagram - where I post pictures every now and again https://www.instagram.com/coyotepaints/

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    the finished tank looks amazing. can believe its scratch built. stunning work
    Thanks Coyotebreaks!

I've been cloning the power armor dude, and started hacking the bodies apart and reattaching and reposing the limbs with some greenstuff.
    The goal is to get a squad of these guys together, each with different weapons.
    In typical heavy power armor (ala WH40k Terminators), there will be a squad leader, three regulars and a heavy weapons guy.
    Of course, this is still rough WIP, so no weapons yet and some of the casts have heaps of bubbles and holes in them that need fixing.

Some photos:

They looks dangerous. You did justic to the original concept.

These look brutal. I love the straight on pose of the guy closest to the camera in the last photo. Are you really going to make your own bases too? You're a glutton for punishment.

Voted + Comment left for your tank. Wonderful work my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    They looks dangerous. You did justic to the original concept.
    Thanks Dexter! Yeah, I tried my best to capture the pose and overall impression of the sketch. It is pretty hard to turn a 2d sketch into a 3d model. That extra dimension adds a lot of headache

Quote Originally Posted by khavor View Post
    These look brutal. I love the straight on pose of the guy closest to the camera in the last photo. Are you really going to make your own bases too? You're a glutton for punishment.
    Thanks khavor, glad you like them! Yeah, everything in these models will be scratch built, even the round base plates. No re-using existing models / kit bashing allowed. That would be cheating.
    One man's punishment is another man's pleasure, or so they say

Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    Voted + Comment left for your tank. Wonderful work my friend!
    Thank you Graishak, I appreciate it very much!